Home

Which game should I get?

This is a discussion on Which game should I get? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which FIFA game(for PS3) would you recommend I get?
FIFA 2010 0 0%
FIFA 2011 1 4.17%
FIFA 2012 1 4.17%
FIFA 2013 22 91.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Which game should I get?

Since World Cup is next year, I'm thinking about getting a FIFA game by end of the year(not FIFA14 though). So wanna know what people think I should get? Especially for a casual fan who doesn't care about rosters, teams,leagues or anything,I just really care about playing a soccer video game. So I won't really be playing franchise/career/online modes or anything like that.

I might play MLS teams(like Toronto FC) but mostly it'll be for the world cup.

I'm sure once FIFA 14 releases, price of 13 would be fairly cheap like $30, FIFA 12 right now is $25,11 is $25 as well and 10 is $10. I might be able to get it cheaper elsewhere, but those are just ebgames prices
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #2

Majingir's Arena

Re: Which game should I get?

So many views, a number of votes, but not a single person has explained their reasoning for the vote...
Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

ckah28's Arena

OVR: 0

I voted for 13 because they've kept stepping up the mechanics and physics of FIFA. It's very unlike Madden in that it does change from year to year in most cases.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckah28
I voted for 13 because they've kept stepping up the mechanics and physics of FIFA. It's very unlike Madden in that it does change from year to year in most cases.
So guess I should for sure be waiting until Fifa14 is out until I get 13 then since I don't care about the exact time I get the game, just care about the price.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
So guess I should for sure be waiting until Fifa14 is out until I get 13 then since I don't care about the exact time I get the game, just care about the price.
Are you planning on playing online? If you are not, then you could get a cheap pre owned copy of the game (FIFA 13). Be sure to try a good set of sliders for offline play. They make the game much more enjoyable.

Last edited by 4EverBlowingBubbles; 01-31-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: FIFA 13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

This is a no-brainer. If you're buying it for the first time, then there is no reason not to get FIFA13 (outside of saving a few bucks). It isn't even a question. If you had FIFA12 I could see the debate. But not having any of those games? FIFA13 without even hesitating. The improvements are across the board.

The only reason I'd actually suggest going with FIFA12 is if you plan on waiting for FIFA14 and just need a fix.

Last edited by Broncos86; 01-31-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #7

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
Are you planning on playing online? If you are not, then you could get a cheap pre owned copy of the game (FIFA 13). Be sure to try a good set of sliders for offline play. They make the game much more enjoyable.
Not planning on playing online. Not really even caring about various game modes like career and franchise and all that. I'm just mainly gonna be playing exhibition stuff and that's it.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #8

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

With polls like this, 95% of people are always going to vote for the latest game in the series. It's just how it goes.

Regarding your question: if you're planning on playing against the CPU, I don't recommend FIFA 12 or FIFA 13. Even with sliders in place, it's just a frustrating experience. Also, the player physics and movements have become more and more unrealistic and arcade-y. It just feels too slick and fluid. Like the players are on ice skates.

I voted FIFA 11. I would have gone with FIFA 10, but the graphics have dated pretty badly. The defending in FIFA 11 has issues, but the overall game still provides the most amount of fun and least amount of frustration at higher difficulty levels. The CPU doesn't build up at hyper speed with perfect accuracy like in FIFA 13. Plus, there are fouls and penalties.

Since you mentioned the World Cup, you might look into FIFA 10 World Cup. Personally, I think it's the best football game of the current console gen. It feels like a halfway point between FIFA 10 and FIFA 11, with some pretty spectacular graphics and presentation. Plus, you'll get a much much bigger selection of national teams, obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »