Home

Retiring players

This is a discussion on Retiring players within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Retiring players

Can more than 1 player on your squad sheet retire at the same time? I noticed on other teams they do have more than one player retiring at the same time, but with me it seems it's only one player per season. Has anyone had 2 players retire together?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Retiring players

I once had 6 players in my QPR franchise retire in the same off-season. Julio Cesar, Park Ji-Sung, Joey Barton, Ryan Nelsen, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand. Robert Green and Jay Bothroyd might of also retired in the same season, but I can't remember. It gave me some much needed wage relief.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

I've had 3 players retire in one season at some points. It seems rather random, though, being decided when you start a new season. I started a new season once and it listed Messi as a great veteran. I accidentally unplugged my xbox, and had to re-load the new season, but this time it said Messi was retiring that season.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

When players retire do they regen on your roster automatically the next season? I think I've read that somewhere.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Blunted
When players retire do they regen on your roster automatically the next season? I think I've read that somewhere.
They normally do. Sometimes they go to the free agents, though (If the game determines you have enough depth in that position), so if you don't see your player's regen in your squad go check free agents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
MVP

I'm wondering, do the regens reach the original player's max potential, or the stats that they had when they retired?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
I'm wondering, do the regens reach the original player's max potential, or the stats that they had when they retired?

Their attributes dont always come out the same like speed or heading accuracy(ex.). as for overall or max potential they normally reach that players highest number for the career. i had a drogba regen who was high 80s but had crappy heading ability but amazing speed and finishing. sadly he was 5ft 7
Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #8
MVP

Ok well I'm glad more than 1 can retire at the same time. Thanks guys. I have 3 players on my squad over 33 years old that I already have replacements for, but they're not retiring this season! I start them though because well, I can't do that to them they're my favorite players in real life! I can't wait for them to retire though they're backing me up! Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »