Home

Never played a FIFA game but want to...

This is a discussion on Never played a FIFA game but want to... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Never played a FIFA game but want to...

I have heard a lot of great things about the series and have played demos of it. I am not a soccer fan but the video game intrigues me. I have really enjoyed the NHL series and currently have the NHL 11 game.

Can anyone suggest an older version of FIFA that might be a good one to start with? I don't care about online play but enjoy franchise and be a pro modes. Looking for an affordable option on PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Never played a FIFA game but want to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
I have heard a lot of great things about the series and have played demos of it. I am not a soccer fan but the video game intrigues me. I have really enjoyed the NHL series and currently have the NHL 11 game.

Can anyone suggest an older version of FIFA that might be a good one to start with? I don't care about online play but enjoy franchise and be a pro modes. Looking for an affordable option on PS3.
you could pick up fifa 12 for cheap money 5-10$. it has a be a pro mode where you can control the whole team and when you play just control your be a pro. that way you can make transfer moves for your squad.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
MVP

Greekcian's Arena

OVR: 1

"Franchise" has been terrible this generation, but it's been getting back to the right level this year. If you want the modes to be good, don't go for Fifa 12 but stick with Fifa 10. However, the gameplay has improved so much in the last years that you'll be better of with either Fifa 12 or just try and get Fifa 13 for cheap (since you don't care for online, used ones are a good option)
Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

grab fifa 13 used or your wasting your time
Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thanks for the responses. Will be looking over the weekend and making a decision!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

If you want an intro to where the series is and where it's going, you should probably go with FIFA 12. If you want more of a simulation type of game, go with FIFA 08 or 09. If you want a good cross between arcade and sim: go with FIFA 10 or FIFA 10 World Cup.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Although I've never purchased it, I've heard a lot of great things about the Word Cup in South Africa game, you can grab it at GameStop used for under 10 bucks. That's probably your best bet because it will introduce you not only to the sport, but it's best players. Until last year I wasn't a huge football fan, that all changed after stumbling upon a Leeds United vs Arsenal FA cup match last January, I was instantly hooked and over the past year the game has just about become by co-number #1 sport along with baseball, the game that's consumed me for most of my 42 years on this earth.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I preferred 13 to 12 quite a bit. If money is really an issue 12 is still good, but I'd go 13 if you can find it cheap.

I'm a huge hockey fan and always get NHL, but I always enjoy Fifa. Something about the sport makes it simulate in the game a little better than hockey (harder to sim guys on skates fighting over a small rubber puck).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »