Home

Simple ways to make Career Mode better (Blog)

This is a discussion on Simple ways to make Career Mode better (Blog) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Simple ways to make Career Mode better (Blog)

http://www.operationsports.com/Dave%...r-mode-better/

Text for those who don't want to click the link

Quote:
1) Transfer History screen - Sortable by year/club/league; its just incredibly baffling to me that they haven't added this already. You can only review transfers for the window that is currently happening, and you can't even view any more details on the transfer. How can it possibly be that I can't view my transfer history as a manager? isn't that kind of important?

2) Kit tweaks - Why not give us the option to change the colors (not the design itself, that'd probably be too complicated) of away/alternate kits the start of each season? Would keep the mode fresh, especially for the teams that don't have an alternate kit and only get to pick between two kits.

3) Training focus - FIFA doesn't need a complex training system like FM, just give us the option to have the player focus on one area more than the others (ie: ball control, attacking, defending, aerobic)

4) Reserve/youth academy game stats

5) More sortable stats in general for your first team

6) Primary/secondary lineups - We've all been there, particularly when you're a big club: It's the first round of the Capital One Cup, and you have three PL/Champions League games in the next week. You want to keep your starting XI fresh, and you know you're playing an inferior team. Why not give us the option before the season of setting a "secondary" lineup, which automatically subs in your backups?

7) Depth chart/auto subs - As an add-on to #6, how about being able to set criteria for fitness subs, so you don't have to go to Squad > Team Management to take out a guy you know is dead tired? ex: I'm playing as Liverpool, and let's say Daniel Agger's "Auto Rest" setting is anything less than 95% stamina. The game would then go to the next CB on my "depth chart" and sub the player in automatically (talking before the game, but this could be expanded to in-game subs as well) if Agger's stamina was 95% or less.

8) Less dumb interruptions during simulating - If I send my scout out to Brazil for 6 months, do I really need an e-mail 3 days later that says he's going to Brazil? Same with when you hire a scout, why does it say "Hey, I'm here. Send me somewhere." Wouldn't it be easier just to give them instructions immediately after being hired? Why not just give me the option to turn those e-mails on/off?

9) options for Int'l Management interruptions - Example: I only want to be bothered with an e-mail/offer if France, Germany, Spain, or Brazil come and talk to me. Not real interested in coaching Norway, Romania, or South Africa (these poor countries can never seem to find a manager!)

10) Heat/touch maps like they have at the end of the game (Player Performance) screen, except for the whole season (add on to #5 from my original post)

11) More options for incentives in contract, like an auto bump in salary after a certain amount of league games or goals scored (Football Manager has this exact feature)

12) Ability to change a players listed position / ability to add secondary positions

13) Ability to edit player attributes/potential/skill moves/weak foot rating after starting your career

14) An ability to select "anything but Goalkeepers" as one of your options when sending a scout out

15) If a player asks me for a raise, and then I go to give him one and give him the exact dollar amount my board is suggesting, shouldn't he accept, or at least give me the amount that he wants? Pretty sure in real life, a player doesn't go to his Manager and say "Hey, I want a raise. I'm not sure how much I want yet, but send me an offer and if I don't like it, I'll get pissed and refuse to negotiate for weeks. So good luck"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Simple ways to make Career Mode better (Blog)

I agree with most of these, but number two is never gonna happen.

Six and seven are good, for the quality of game, FIFA's menus are awful.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree with all of these and i am sure there are more.

Number 6 would save a lot of time!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pearson
http://www.operationsports.com/Dave%...r-mode-better/

Text for those who don't want to click the link
number 15. My biggest pet peeve when dealing with player salaries in this game.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Another point to add, kind of similar to #'s 5 and 10:

16) Track stats across multiple seasons for players. I want to be able to view lists of "all-time" statistics and "career" statistics.

Currently the only way to track statistics for more than one season is to keep your own records outside the game. Not only that, but I completely agree that more stats should be tracked. To name a few: passing completion % (including passes completed vs. pass attempts), passes/game, shots on goal % (shots on goal vs. shot attempts), shots/game, tackle completion % (tackles complete vs. tackles attempted), tackles/game, goals scored from free kicks, etc etc. I would love to be able to actually look and see who on my team is really performing for me season after season, not just me trying to "feel" out who I prefer in my squad and who I think may be lacking.

Also, I want to try and chase some records with my players!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Goonerish's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
I agree with most of these, but number two is never gonna happen.

Six and seven are good, for the quality of game, FIFA's menus are awful.
Why is number two never going to happen? They can keep the logo and the maker. Why not at least a color change. Nothing like being in your third season with the same old uniform. It gets old and tired. It is not rocket science. Fifth, sixth season same old uni's, It sucks.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonerish
Why is number two never going to happen? They can keep the logo and the maker. Why not at least a color change. Nothing like being in your third season with the same old uniform. It gets old and tired. It is not rocket science. Fifth, sixth season same old uni's, It sucks.
It will never happen due to licensing issues. At least that's the way I understand it when it comes to editing uniforms.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
It will never happen due to licensing issues. At least that's the way I understand it when it comes to editing uniforms.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at. AFAIK the club/league license the kits in the game and those kits only, anything else would be a misrepresentation of the club, the sponsors... and so on.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »