Home

Freezing Issues?

This is a discussion on Freezing Issues? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Freezing Issues?

Has anyone else noticed this happening?:

Yesterday I started a new career with Ross County in Scotland and whenever I would go to play a game (my brother played as the AI team each time) and we'd adjust our lineups from the game screen (where you can select play match, team management, settings, etc. right before the game starts.) the game would freeze upon selecting "Play Match." Not sure if that made any sense or not, but I have not seen this yet and wanted to know if any of you have.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Freezing Issues?

Obvious questions -- Does the game freeze:
When you don't make lineup adjustments pre-game?
When you play your career vs the CPU?
When you play a career using another team?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

No, no and no, but I don't recall someone else playing as the other team in other CMs I've done. If I don't mess with the lineup beforehand it doesn't happen and when I play the CPU I can adjust my lineup beforehand it doesn't happen.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

So it sounds like it's a specific glitch having to do with the second controller being used to adjust CPU lineups. I've never played Career mode, but I thought you could only control your team in career. How is it your friend is even able to take control of the CPU/opponent team?

Anyway, I would suggest you start your career again if you're just starting, to see if you get the same glitch. If you can't do that and if you're stuck at a specific game in the schedule, check the CPU team's lineup if you can and make sure there aren't any issues with their lineup. There's a specific formations glitch that can happen sometimes which causes players in the lineup to disappear, after which the game will crash. It's caused when using a roster save that doesn't match up with formations edits saved to your settings save. If you have edited teams' formations at any point, that could be one possible explanation for your freeze issue.

Last edited by Yeats; 03-25-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
So it sounds like it's a specific glitch having to do with the second controller being used to adjust CPU lineups. I've never played Career mode, but I thought you could only control your team in career. How is it your friend is even able to take control of the CPU/opponent team?

Anyway, I would suggest you start your career again if you're just starting, to see if you get the same glitch. If you can't do that and if you're stuck at a specific game in the schedule, check the CPU team's lineup if you can and make sure there aren't any issues with their lineup. There's a specific formations glitch that can happen sometimes which causes players in the lineup to disappear, after which the game will crash. It's caused when using a roster save that doesn't match up with formations edits saved to your settings save. If you have edited teams' formations at any point, that could be one possible explanation for your freeze issue.
I set it to allow a user to play as the AI team, normally I leave that off, but made an exception for this CM. Don't think that it has anything to do with formations, but I'd have to check on that one. Thanks for the help.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »