Home

FIFA Soccer 14 Debuts, Sports Tons of New Features

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 14 Debuts, Sports Tons of New Features within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #33
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA Soccer 14 Debuts, Sports Tons of New Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This is what I'm waiting for. Too much space to work otherwise.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This is what I'm waiting for. Too much space to work otherwise.
Yes, it was close to ideal. I'm very picky though - I need the field to be much, much tighter. Here, it's easy outlets. IRL you see many desperation long balls into space as a result of too much pressure - that's what I should see by the CPU, or be forced to do myself.

There are some tweaks I can do. I'm trying to get back to whether or not sliders can be the answer for FIFA 13 and these gameplay patches.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #35
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Not really a feature, but news nonetheless. Pretty big news considering this is EA we're talking about:

http://fifainsider.com/say-goodbye-to-the-online-pass/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish they would stop working on gameplay and just focus on turning career mode into something worth playing long term
Old 05-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #37
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Not really a feature, but news nonetheless. Pretty big news considering this is EA we're talking about:

http://fifainsider.com/say-goodbye-to-the-online-pass/
This is big news as far as I'm concerned. It means you can buy a pre-owned copy and actually use all the online features. I'm glad the unhappy users have spoken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #38
Rookie

Goonerish's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
right that was what I was thinking about. Only you also had to balance the books so you couldn't just upgrade once you moved up without taking money away from the transfer pool. I don't know that you actually got a new wing or club or anything physically visible in the game back then. I think what he's looking for is to actually see the stadium grow when you expand. Could this be done by a series of generic add-ons to the generic stadia, much like MVP Baseball had? Or potentially shif to one of the larger venues when the club is big enough. I still think you should have to deal with the financial part of it too. Especially since Martin Tyler reminds me every week that Arsenal's move to the Emirates may have put some financial restraints on them

I enjoyed that old version of Fifa and still have the game. I never tried today's Creation Center, but I guess it works the same way. In the old game you could create players and teams, and you started in the lowest level. But you could draft players as well. I made a team of my international colleagues at the office as well as drafting the likes of John Terry, called the club the Camelot Dragons (yes, you could design your own kits too) and we played at Badon Hill. I think that was the game too where they actually had news where you could review all the transfers, and your guys who went off to international duty came back with less energy and may have gained experience. Plus you could let the CPU play against itself and sit back and watch if you wanted. Really was a pretty complete off-line experience. Had it's flaws as always but as an offline player I always hoped they'd get back there. Nothing like going through a cup run, getting knocked out and not being able to watch the final.
This was my favorite Fifa game. Picking kits , home and away. Picking team logos and your club name. I was Kings Lynn FC. Drafting players, it was the best year of fifa by far. And then it all disapeared the next year. That really sucked.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
This is big news as far as I'm concerned. It means you can buy a pre-owned copy and actually use all the online features. I'm glad the unhappy users have spoken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You might be assuming too much. For example, the consoles could lock out pre-owned games entirely. Or, they could provide a platform level "pass" for all online content.
Boston Celtics
Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #40
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

I have two sports loves: Soccer and Football. As FIFA 14 news seems to be drying up I've been checking out the Madden forums and I must say, if FIFA 14 CM is ANYTHING less than extraordinary then we're being cheated!

I don't know how many people are part of the Madden dev team but they're getting a BEASTLY Owner Mode. Now, it's always been the case in the past that Madden's CM has been deeper than FIFA's but this is different by leaps and bounds. I'm talking team relocation, stadium upgrades, staff management that confers bonuses to team performance, etc.

For anyone else who also likes Football or is just curious as to what else EA is up to check it out. It's pretty much getting everything we've wanted for CM, just applicable to Football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »