Home

Playing With Manual Controls

This is a discussion on Playing With Manual Controls within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Playing With Manual Controls

Hey all

I recently joined the foums a few weeks ago after stalking the career mode and sliders threads. Inspired by the posts I decided to implement the sliders to make the game more realistic, but the biggest improvement came from playing on manual.

I decided to start this thread so that we could all share any experience we may have with manual. My hope is that other people would see that despite the learning curve manual is fun and rewarding. Tips, highlights, whatever you got, give it up!

I can't post the links right now but check out Flourescent Fifa on YouTube. He has tons of manual videos including a tutorial for making the switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

SaundCo87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing With Manual Controls

I never even thought of using manual controls until I started lurking in the FIFA forums and since then I have been trying but have been struggling a lot with it. Any advice would be wonderful!!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

Well, you guys guys made the right choice. Full manual settings is the way to go in FIFA. You won't get most of your passes and shots on target at first. But no matter how frustrating that is, don't go back to assisted. Just keep playing more matches. Believe me, it'll become second nature in no time.

..::: I'm West Ham Till I Die :::..

MIGHTY HAMMERS 3 - 0 SPURS
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #4
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

Here are those links:

Manual Controls Tips & Tricks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IBu...4EE112&index=1

Road to Manual Mastery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRsg...DYC5Gq&index=2

The first link is the first video in his series which will introduce you to full manual. The second is a pretty cool demonstration on what you can do once you've got it down. Enjoy.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Nice links, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaundCo87
Any advice would be wonderful!!
Shooting is much more powerful and accurate when shooting while holding the sprint trigger. This is the opposite of PES where maximum accuracy is obtained by releasing the sprint trigger just before shooting.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Shooting is much more powerful and accurate when shooting while holding the sprint trigger. This is the opposite of PES where maximum accuracy is obtained by releasing the sprint trigger just before shooting.
Really? I would understand shots being more powerful, but I generally lay off of the sprint when I shoot because as I understood it you sacrifice control. Does this apply to all players or just those with good finishing?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Really? I would understand shots being more powerful, but I generally lay off of the sprint when I shoot because as I understood it you sacrifice control. Does this apply to all players or just those with good finishing?
All I can say is go to the arena and try both ways. These are my findings after hours of shooting in the arena. I use a player with 99 shooting ratings across the board, so I don't know about players with lesser shooting skills. Just my opinion/experience as I said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »