Home

FIFA 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Fact Sheet Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Fact Sheet Included within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Fact Sheet Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Wow that is, apologies here, but that is awful. How can it allow you to affect gameplay sliders within the game? That is a complete joke, especially with how much of an overt affect it has on gameplay instantly. The fact that you must go to that length to achieve a somewhat believable result is horrendous
Ha-ha! You're correct of course. The game by default should play as per screen #1 -- that's real-life football player positioning, both offensively and defensively. Plus the problem is that those slider settings work fine for attacking, but not defending. Your attacking players essentially remain in attack position due to the attack slider settings. And so moment the CPU grabs the ball, it punts the ball up the pitch to its open FWs who are standing around alone midfield. The only fix I've found so far is to pause the game the moment the CPU grabs the ball, and then switch to defend sliders. But that's not something one would want to have to do all game long obviously.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Ha-ha! You're correct of course. The game by default should play as per screen #1 -- that's real-life football player positioning, both offensively and defensively. Plus the problem is that those slider settings work fine for attacking, but not defending. Your attacking players essentially remain in attack position due to the attack slider settings. And so moment the CPU grabs the ball, it punts the ball up the pitch to its open FWs who are standing around alone midfield. The only fix I've found so far is to pause the game the moment the CPU grabs the ball, and then switch to defend sliders. But that's not something one would want to have to do all game long obviously.
Wow. Truly terrible.

I've just seen the custom tactics threads which are awesome, and have seen the slider threads now... Guess I should frequent the FIFA side a lil more frequently now.

I saw that you found a way to get the CPU to foul you too... Any way for that to be done on console FIFA 11? lol
Old 07-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
The graphics are good but the gameplay.... Its too complicated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 0

Really the graphics are good but the gameplay will probably be the same...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »