Home

E3 FIFA 14 Gameplay Video: TOT vs BVB

This is a discussion on E3 FIFA 14 Gameplay Video: TOT vs BVB within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: E3 FIFA 14 Gameplay Video: TOT vs BVB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Ya i wish the ai couldnt predict when your making a move or sliding at them, game would be sick.
With the PC version, there are db codes that help reduce the CPU's ability to play like supermen, although just lowering agility ratings can help with the CPU ninja issue. I've also been able to edit things so that it's much easier to tackle, and to strip the ball from the CPU using the tackle button. I play games now where I end up with more tackles at the end of the game than the CPU. With the default game, CPU tackle totals were always 20-30 higher than mine. FIFA plays like a whole different game when the tackle button is actually useful and effective.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Listen to Yeats - he knows what he's talking about. Btw - Yeats send me your most recent one man, I've just about had it with FIFA 13 still.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #35
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Playing on Legendary, along with edits to player ratings. As I said, I'm using a test roster and typically I see 20 fouls and 5-8 cards called against the CPU per game (10 minute halfs). It's a thing of beauty to actually have stoppages throughout the game now, along with a half dozen solid opportunities per game to score from a free kick within range. The possibility of fouls and cards are programmed into the game; it's the jacked-up player ratings that prevent them from ever being called.
5-8 cards per match?

That seems a bit excessive. Is there any way to get in the sweetspot, 2-4 per match?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #36
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Sliders don't appear to affect penalties, it's all player ratings and team tactics settings. It's a combination of:
- lower strength and balance ratings (players stumble/trip/fall over more, resulting in more fouls called)
- lower agility ratings (players are easier to catch resulting in more tackle attempts)
- lower tackle ratings (defenders are more likely to foul when attempting to tackle)
- higher team defense pressure ratings (teams defend more aggressively)
- higher player aggression ratings (although with my test roster, all players' aggression ratings are set to 75, which is only slightly above average)

Again, I'm using a test roster specifically designed in part to test the foul/card programming, which is why I'm seeing many more fouls and cards than is realistic or even ideal. But reducing fouls/cards is as easy as lowering team aggression ratings (currently testing them at 90).

One more thing: I play on Legendary using a modified db that lowers the difficulty somewhat (it eliminates a good deal of the CPU cheat AI). That's where I'm seeing all the fouls. When I've tested my edits on World Class using the exact same settings, there's a 60-70% dropoff in fouls and cards. While I prefer World Class, I've come to appreciate having stoppages during the match, it just adds so much realism to FIFA. So for now I'm sticking to playing and testing on Legendary.
Interesting work Yeats. What percentage are you dropping those ratings to get the results? 50%??

I was also wondering if anyone has ever tried using the Hex editor to perform global edits of the 360/PS3 database. I read somewhere that the FIFA database will work with the editor. That would be a HUGE find....
Old 06-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
5-8 cards per match?

That seems a bit excessive. Is there any way to get in the sweetspot, 2-4 per match?
This is a test roster project I'm working on so I'm going for maximum results at this point. It's easy enough to control the number of fouls/cards that are called; lowering team tactic aggression ratings or players' aggression ratings for example.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Interesting work Yeats. What percentage are you dropping those ratings to get the results? 50%??
The relevent ratings in my test roster are:
Aggression - 75
Speed - 65
Accel - 20
Agility - 1
Balance - 1
Strength - 1
Tackle - CB 30, RB 25, DMF 20, etc.
Team Aggression settings - 90

This is a test roster project as I said which is why I'm using extreme edits in many cases.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
The relevent ratings in my test roster are:
Aggression - 75
Speed - 65
Accel - 20
Agility - 1
Balance - 1
Strength - 1
Tackle - CB 30, RB 25, DMF 20, etc.
Team Aggression settings - 90

This is a test roster project as I said which is why I'm using extreme edits in many cases.
Interesting, I think this is why my edits of just aggression and balance to incorporate more fouls only resulted in more ninja dribbling. I was editing player values instead of a combo with Team Aggression in DBM 12.

Looking forward to your findings, Yeats - I need a game that can hold me over till whatever next FIFA/PES versions come out soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »