Home

Chicharito Shares FIFA 14 Cover with Lionel Messi in Mexico and the United States

This is a discussion on Chicharito Shares FIFA 14 Cover with Lionel Messi in Mexico and the United States within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Chicharito Shares FIFA 14 Cover with Lionel Messi in Mexico and the United States

Mexican National Team Star Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez Signs with EA Sports

Hernandez To First Appear On Cover Of FIFA 14 Launching Sept. 24 In North America

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that EA SPORTS™ has signed one of Mexico’s most popular and accomplished footballers, Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez, to a multi-year endorsement contract that will see him make his debut on the cover of FIFA 14 in Mexico, and on one of two covers in the United States. Chicharito will appear wearing the Mexican national team home kit alongside the world’s top footballer, Barcelona and Argentina superstar Lionel Messi. Fans in the United States will also have the option to choose the global cover featuring an iconic image of the world’s No. 1 player, Messi.

Chicharito is a natural goal scorer beloved by fans in Mexico for his exceptional performances and goal-scoring track record since he took the world stage with the Mexican national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. The 25-year-old is already the fifth highest goal scorer of all-time for the Mexican national team. In addition, Chicharito has gained international admiration for three incredibly successful seasons with Manchester United Football Club.

“We have long admired the flair and passion Chicharito brings to the sport,” said David Rutter, Executive Producer of FIFA 14. “With Hernandez on our team we have Mexico’s best and most exciting player to help EA SPORTS make a deeper connection with our fans.”

“For me it's a real honor to have been selected to appear on the cover of FIFA 14, first of all because I declare myself a big fan of this game, and second because I’m looking forward to sharing my passion for football and EA SPORTS FIFA 14 with fans all over the world,” said Hernandez.

The multi-faceted partnership will see Chicharito become an EA SPORTS Football Ambassador. He will become the cornerstone of marketing and advertising campaigns in Mexico and North America, featured on packaging and utilized in social media activities. Chicharito will appear on the cover of FIFA 14 on the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system with Kinect™ from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system with PlayStation Move support.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Chicharito Shares FIFA 14 Cover with Lionel Messi in Mexico and the United States

Looks like Chicharito is giving Messi a painful wedgie.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Didn't realize it till I was looking at my games this weekend but Messi was also on the cover of Fifa 13, the covers almost look identical. Why would they do that? I understand Messi is the best player in the world but the covers look the same.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Chicharito Shares FIFA 14 Cover with Lionel Messi in Mexico and the United States

When I saw it, the first thing I thought of was...

Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #5
Banned

wvufan97's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Didn't realize it till I was looking at my games this weekend but Messi was also on the cover of Fifa 13, the covers almost look identical. Why would they do that? I understand Messi is the best player in the world but the covers look the same.
Looks like it's the same as when NFL 2K did it with Randy Moss and NBA 2K did it with Allen Iverson.....................3 YEARS IN A ROW! And all 3 of Iverson's cover were of him driving to the basket...all IDENTICAL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
Banned

wvufan97's Arena

OVR: 1
I don't get why on 13's cover they used the new Barcelona uniform...but on this years they go back a year BEFORE 2013 and use an older picture of Messi in the older uniform for the newer game...
Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Frogsfan113's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvufan97
I don't get why on 13's cover they used the new Barcelona uniform...but on this years they go back a year BEFORE 2013 and use an older picture of Messi in the older uniform for the newer game...
Messi is wearing the new Barcelona uniform..
Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
Arsenal Gunners

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »