Home

Legends Are Coming to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team (Only on Xbox & Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Legends Are Coming to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team (Only on Xbox & Xbox One) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Legends Are Coming to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team (Only on Xbox & Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Its really not obvious. They may be the same game in name, but they are two different platforms that have different requirements. Its kind of like buying generic cereal and being mad it doesn't taste the same as the brand name cereal. Just because you expect it, doesn't mean they should do it. Quite frankly, the industry is becoming more and more "Us against Them" because it is obvious consumers don't care about business, so there's really no reason for the business to care about the consumer. Its kind of like retail employees, they don't really care about you, because you don't care about them.
It's really not, different platforms but they are the same game and therefore should have the same features.

"because it is obvious consumers don't care about business, so there's really no reason for the business to care about the consumer." I'm sorry, but in my opinion this is a load of nonsense. Consumers care about the business by buying their product.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Dennis Bergkamp
Fernando Hierro
Robert Pirčs
Oliver Bierhoff
Filippo Inzaghi
Frank Rijkaard
Sol Campbell
Patrick Kluivert
David Seaman
Fabio Cannavaro
Henrik Larsson
Teddy Sheringham
Rui Costa
Jens Lehmann
Andriy Shevchenko
Hernán Crespo
Gary Lineker
Davor Šuker
Frank de Boer
Freddie Ljungberg
Marco van Basten
Marcel Desailly
Paolo Maldini
Edwin van der Sar
Paulo Futre
Lothar Matthäus
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Stefan Effenberg
Gary Neville
Patrick Vieira
Robbie Fowler
Michael Owen
Christian Vieri
Ruud Gullit
Pauleta
George Weah
Gheorghe Hagi
Pelé
Gianfranco Zola

Pele is a legend no doubt, Weah too maybe. Mattheus won the WC and was world of the year so ok. Van Basten is a legend. Cannavaro won the WC and was world player as well as center back.

For sure Pauleta, Fowler, Futre, Ljungberg and Seaman shouldnt make that list.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 08-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #19

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
It's really not, different platforms but they are the same game and therefore should have the same features.

"because it is obvious consumers don't care about business, so there's really no reason for the business to care about the consumer." I'm sorry, but in my opinion this is a load of nonsense. Consumers care about the business by buying their product.
Its not nonsense, nearly 300 game companies have gone out of business in the last 5 years, yet no one blinks an eye at that. I don't remember anyone caring when THQ went out of business.

Also, do you complain about the PC not getting the same love? I missed that, or do they not count to you?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Its not nonsense, nearly 300 game companies have gone out of business in the last 5 years, yet no one blinks an eye at that. I don't remember anyone caring when THQ went out of business.

Also, do you complain about the PC not getting the same love? I missed that, or do they not count to you?
"Do they not count to you?" **** off....Yes it's a joke as well obviously. It's also pathetic that they don't even get the infinity engine. However I don't play sports games on the PC, whereas I will be getting the PS4 hence why I am obviously going to talk about.

And yes it is nonsense, companies are only in it to make money which is completely natural of course. However, It's the consumers that make them that money and if they are putting out a product that is not up to standard then that is on the company not the consumer. In this case, they are giving PS3/PS4/PC users and inferior product to what Xbox users will get. To me that shouldn't happen. Yes, It is only a minor point but it's the principle and good thing you brought up PC because in that case it's an even bigger difference.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

The full game is on all of the systems, microsoft payed for this "bonus" content for the xbox 1, if you want to have legends that arent legends and probably are impossible to pull anyways then buy it on x1 if not buy ps4.

All good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #22

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
"Do they not count to you?" **** off....Yes it's a joke as well obviously. It's also pathetic that they don't even get the infinity engine. However I don't play sports games on the PC, whereas I will be getting the PS4 hence why I am obviously going to talk about.

And yes it is nonsense, companies are only in it to make money which is completely natural of course. However, It's the consumers that make them that money and if they are putting out a product that is not up to standard then that is on the company not the consumer. In this case, they are giving PS3/PS4/PC users and inferior product to what Xbox users will get. To me that shouldn't happen. Yes, It is only a minor point but it's the principle and good thing you brought up PC because in that case it's an even bigger difference.
Cool, if you feel its an inferior product, then why buy it? And its great that you don't think it should happen, but you've yet to give one solid reason as to why it shouldn't. You also seem a bit mad, maybe take a step back and think about more than yourself?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Cool, if you feel its an inferior product, then why buy it? And its great that you don't think it should happen, but you've yet to give one solid reason as to why it shouldn't. You also seem a bit mad, maybe take a step back and think about more than yourself?
Mate you are chatting absolute ****, you haven't given me any reason why it should happen and quite frankly, I'm done talking rubbish with you. I have given my reasons so I don't know if you just missed them, or if you being deliberately obtuse.

One last thing though, You argument is that it's okay that companies do this sort of thing ie- give one version of the same game features that another version doesn't have, because consumers don't care about the company. I have to laugh if that's the case.

Do you think this is a good thing?

And like I said before, stop talking bollocks. You're telling me to think about more than myself, I play FIFA on the Xbox not the PS3 and I still think it's ridiculous. Same as when other games get exclusive content or timed exclusives, I do not agree with that at all.

Last edited by MattyEdgeworth; 08-21-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #24

Suntan Superman's Arena

I'm fairly certain I don't need to give a reason, because its pretty freaking obvious why its happening. EA needs to make money, Microsoft gave them a means to make money, and in what was a surprise to no one except you, EA took the offer. The only reasons I see above are because "its not fair to PS4" which in and of itself isn't really a valid reason. Why would EA take less money to make it fair for people? What business sense does that make? None. Absolutely none. Just like the consoles themselves are different, the iterations of games are different, they have been for quite some time now.

And frankly, if anyones speaking **** its you, pretty much everything you've said just reeks of typical consumer entitlement. Spoiled rotten by your own selfish sentiments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »