Home

Trying To Make FIFA 13 Fun

This is a discussion on Trying To Make FIFA 13 Fun within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Trying To Make FIFA 13 Fun

I played Game #1 last night, USA (me) v Galatasaray SK, finally moved up to World Class and I was worried because I'm not the best at soccer strategy on the pitch. I went up just after halftime with a nice screen in the box with Gomez and went back up 2-1 after an equalizer with a nice header from Donovan. However, I suck at defense and ended up losing 3-2. My question is this, should I control just one player (Dempsey) or is it better to have total team control. I love the Be A Pro mode and I'm leaning towards Dempsey, but I don't want to feel cheated either. I could always do total team control and NEVER EVER switch to my fullbacks. Your thoughts?

Oh and my intial post was a bit off, the teams won't be the teams necessarily, through the first series of games in my 64-team league/knockout tournament there have been several red cards and injuries sustained by some big name players, meaning substitutions will be in order!

Last edited by boblight24; 09-04-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24
However, I suck at defense and ended up losing 3-2. My question is this, should I control just one player (Dempsey) or is it better to have total team control.
When controlling one player only, CPU-controlled players on your team seem to play with more intelligence, that's what I've discovered. I stopped using all-team control after I discovered this, makes the game much less frustrating. I play as a CMF so I can help defend and attack; my teammates take care of the rest including doing a very good job of defending. It's the only way I play FIFA now. I use the Pro cam BTW.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OK silly question.

How do you set up Player Lock in Customized Tournament, is it even possible?

I want to be Clint Dempsey for Team USA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I don't see anything in any of the above posts where it was stated the game is "no fun at all" due of the inability to view stats from other leagues.
the name of the thread is "trying to make fifa 13 fun" :P
Old 09-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
OK silly question.

How do you set up Player Lock in Customized Tournament, is it even possible?

I want to be Clint Dempsey for Team USA.
Possible in career mode but not in tourney mode apparently. Strange game design decision.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
the name of the thread is "trying to make fifa 13 fun" :P
And the point of the thread is to help the OP in that regard. You're welcome to start any time.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Possible in career mode but not in tourney mode apparently. Strange game design decision.
I certainly appreciate you answering my question.

Isn't there an option for Auto-Switching and a way to turn it down? I remember that from FIFAs in the past or maybe that was NHL? I wouldn't mind controlling the forwards and midfielders, but I feel like the last 2 goals I gave up against Galatasaray were human error. Who knows maybe this will be good practice for me on defense.

I tried Pro camera while controlling a team, it was very disorienting for me, I guess I will go back to Tele.

FYI - I had that initial tourney set-up, but never saved it. So I will start over again. Lucky for me considering in my 8-team group I had England, Brazil, and Italy.

One more thing, I play on World Class with a hybrid of sliders I found on the front page of the slider forum. I also play 8-minute halves.

Cheers!

Last edited by boblight24; 09-05-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Isn't there an option for Auto-Switching and a way to turn it down?
In Settings / Controls, yes. I have mine on manual, but like I said I only play with player lock on now so it makes no difference in my case. It will help you, but the game will still auto-switch your players when they come in contact with the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »