Home

FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #33

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

So far I'm enjoying the demo a lot, I was planning on waiting until it comes out for the PS4 but I might just break down and get for the 360. The players feel like they move with more weight and I like that.

I had Valdes get red carded on a sliding tackle while going after a loose ball, everytime I tried that in 13 I would never get carded.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #34
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
So far I'm enjoying the demo a lot, I was planning on waiting until it comes out for the PS4 but I might just break down and get for the 360. The players feel like they move with more weight and I like that.

I had Valdes get red carded on a sliding tackle while going after a loose ball, everytime I tried that in 13 I would never get carded.

I've seen the CPU get red carded on three different occasions in different videos I've watched. In 13 I NEVER saw the CPU pick up a red(console). Just tried to go back to 13 in order to compare and it felt almost silly.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I simply cannot put 13 back into the console again.

Literally night & day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #36
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow did this game blow me away. I absolutely hated FIFA 13 on console for so many reasons. Orion's sliders helped a crap ton but after a while I just couldn't do it any more. Anyway to me 14 feels like a whole new game. The pace of the game is fantastic. I was playing on Legendary all manual and holy crap did I get dominated. I didn't even have one shot attempt in the 3 games I played. The defense swarmed me every single time I touched the ball. It also doesn't help that I was playing on PS3 (don't have live gold on 360) and my passing was absolutely brutal. Honestly though I was just so in awe of the separation between teams and how different the game feels.

Another great thing is momentum. Finally, it seems to be correct. If I have the ball I can no longer stop on a dime and beat the defender because of it. The defender continues to stay with my player and play the ball, which makes it that much more difficult. During the games I also didn't get the feeling of the CPU cheating anymore. It wasn't the ridiculous and fake looking domination that I have had occur so many times. It all just felt natural and real.

The next time I flip on the demo I'm definitely going to knock down the level and adjust my passing so I can at least pass at a realistic rate. I tell ya what though, I was in no way expecting this game to be good. Especially with the new systems on the way. I was pleasantly shocked. With slider tweaks and some team tactics tweaks we could have a great soccer game this year. I hope the feeling I had playing the game today holds true though. When I play this game on Season Ticket in a couple weeks it will definitely be the deciding factor on purchasing this game. I went from not even thinking about getting this game to all of a sudden really liking it. In all my years of playing video games I have never had this much of a change in mind about a game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-10-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #37
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I wasn't planning on upgrading from FIFA 13 to FIFA 14 until the PS4 came out.... but man after playing this demo, there is absolutely NO WAY I can play FIFA 13 again.

FIFA 14 will be a day one purchase.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #38
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Got whooped by the other team in North London 3-0 playing with Dortmund. Don't do this to me EA...
Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4
Just got done playing 4 games...I don't like it. The AI is still idiotic, players doing their stupid cutbacks and dribbles without anyone covering them. It looks good if you're using multi player but I will not be playing the computer. I'll wait for PS4 version.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 3
CPU fouls????
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »