Home

FIFA Soccer 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
For you guys struggling with the spacing of the players, which the AI can occasionally crowd your space or run away, play at a slower pace. I find most players try to rush around and bing passes around, but if you take your time, hold the ball a bit and see where the openings are your AI problems drop drastically. I like to use the possession quick tactic, your AI teamates will be much better about giving you proper passing lanes, especially if your not afraid pass it backwards. The AI gripe I still have is with the defensive marking. Even there though it is much improved from 13 where at times it was non existent.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #10
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA Soccer 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

well, i have to disagree with 90% of your reviews. as hedache told, i have seen the CPU teams making different plays, they actually value possession and they try to make good use of the ball. Also, the ref is calling offsides and fouls in equal amount for both sides. As i mentioned on the other thread, i saw the ref giving a red card to a CPU player that was not booked before, for a tackle from behind. i didn't see such a thing in the last 2 years playing fifa on a daily basis.

the only problem i have with the AI, is with the offensive AI, cause yes, i agree when you say that your teammates doesn't know how to use open spaces to give you an option. Instead, they run towards the defenders, and it makes me sick.

fifa 14 may look like fifa 13, but certainly doesn't play like any of the previous titles in the series.

i can't wait for the full game, and i'm angry as hell, cause the game will be delayed here in Brazil (WB games does it again...), and i won't be able to play till october 3...
Old 09-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
It's a really good game in a lot of ways, but I think these reviews are fair in their assessment of the computer AI, at least with default game sliders. I've played the demo plenty of times by now, and for the most part the cpu never makes me work very hard to get to the ball. They mass pass a few times (never backwards though), but inevitably someone dribbles right into range of my defender and the ball pops loose as soon as I touch him. The ball physics feel off to me as well, the weight of the ball just doesn't feel right on shots or passes.

Although I'm a bit concerned about some of the frame rate issues I saw in video reviews of PES 2014, including things I wasn't seeing in the demo, it still plays a much more realistic, organic game of football in my opinion. But hey, this is one of the few remaining franchise battles that actually matters, I'm glad to be choosing between 2 very good games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #12
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA Soccer 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

What is the level on these games that you don't have to work hard for winning the ball? I play on World Class and the AI very well makes me work hard to win it back once I lose it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »