Home

Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #73
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aaron II
My advice was outward given that I'm right. People who are arguing when they're wrong and uninformed need to take the advice. I need to continue sharing accurate information. Good talk.
And you need to discontinue being a jerk about it.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

Most of it is accurate. But some of it is debatable
Old 09-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #75
Banned

Anyways....

I always send my scouts on short assignments. Does the amount of talented players per month get higher if you send the scouts on 9 month assignments? I mean let's say I get 2/5 players with 90+ talent per month on a 3 month assignment, does that go up to 3/5 or more per month on a 9 month assignment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #76
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aaron II
My advice was outward given that I'm right. People who are arguing when they're wrong and uninformed need to take the advice. I need to continue sharing accurate information. Good talk.
Let me clear this up for you:

A mod came into this thread and told you to cut it out. That means stop posting about it and get back on topic. Last warning.

And I don't need a reply from you acknowledging that you read this. You are more than welcome to PM myself or QB with any remaining issues.

Carry on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #77
Rookie

Hey, here's a question for the more experienced simmers/players out there (Tony Aaron II I'm looking at you):

So I get that the youth players seem to progress only once a year in the spring. Let's say I signed a youth player in my first year who was 16 when he signed. In his second year he's 16 but will obviously turn 17 sometime before the spring. Should I just sign him to the first-team and start getting his stats boosted up right away? Presumably he will turn 17 in the middle of the year, then want out of the youth team, and I will have to sign him anyways . . . and I don't think the game would allow all my current 16 y/o's (some of whom are already rated in the 68-70 range) to get another big boost to their stats in the spring before I promote them.

Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #78
Banned

@minervau

they don't want out from the youth team right away when they turn 17. Some stay on there for months before wanting out. So you can take a chance and see what happens

Last edited by jatiger13; 10-01-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 8

In Fifa 13 I think it was more beneficial to sign players because they would grow more in your team than in your academy. This year I think it's clearly the opposite. I am trying to keep all my youth players until the May after they turned 17. This way, ideally, they will have at least two May growth periods in your academy to become a mid 70's player. Otherwise you are often looking at mid 60's with a slow growth rate.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Browsing through this thread for the first time...

Glad to hear about multiple positions. I loved the scouting in both FIFA 12 and 13, though I probably didn't stick with it long enough to ever see guys in their mid-20's and how they progressed. But my major gripe was that you'd have a guy that was the wrong foot or attribute type to be a certain position, and he was ONLY supposed to be at that one position!

With Global Transfer Network "hiding" a lot of the ratings, I wonder if that places a higher emphasis on scouting. If you can just see all the attributes of cheap 18-20 year old players in lower leagues, that was certainly a more immediate (and safe) way to get youth on your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »