Home

FIFA 14 - Global Transfer Network

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 - Global Transfer Network within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 14 - Global Transfer Network

Are there any good resources where I can read about this new thing? This thread is a good start - is there anything more out there on the internet?

I am usually hyper-nerdy about the transfers / youth squad aspect of FIFA (spreadsheets and such). I like to know what I am getting into before I get started. Thanks for any help!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #50
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Are there any good resources where I can read about this new thing? This thread is a good start - is there anything more out there on the internet?

I am usually hyper-nerdy about the transfers / youth squad aspect of FIFA (spreadsheets and such). I like to know what I am getting into before I get started. Thanks for any help!
I think you'll find the depth in this feature lacking. I was initially excited but I think it's of limited use given the way it returns players.

Maybe later in a career (5+ years in)
Boston Celtics
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #51
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0

Later in career it CAN. Be helpful but not as much as it should

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #52
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Here is what I've started doing at the start of every CM I do. I first go to http://www.transfermarkt.com/ which is a great resource and you can see all the players linked to a team, I then add all those players to the shortlist. In my last CM I had 4 GTN scouts, I sent 3 of them out(England, France, and Brazil), the 4th I used to scout the players that were now shortlisted. By January I had 30 guys or so scouted and ready to purchase. This allowed me to be pretty specific on the instructions and keep the number of player in the GTN to a level I could manage while still having enough guys to look at. It's hard to find the happy medium with the GTN between finding enough guys to have options but not have too many for you to scout. Hope this helps anybody. I've enjoyed being able to bring in guys that the team is looking at IRL. also the site is great for guys new to soccer/football because you can look into the history of the clubs. It's also easy to navigate, which is a plus.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #53
Just started!

I have a question about GTN and First team quality option.

I started my career with Portsmouth FC in 4th league and at first when I selected first team quality i got players that were low 60's high 50's overall and that was ok then.

Now my team is mostly lower 80's and sub bench is higher 70's since it is year 2021. and I have improved my team with free agents, blind scouting and youth system. I have a 5 star Exp/Judgement scouts and when I send them to scout for first team quality players I still get those lower 60's players as I was getting when I started. Is there any way around this bug or am I stuck with it and forced to blind scout players hoping to find a good one?

I started with Chelsea just to experiment and with a scout that has 3 stars and first team quality option I got superstars as scouted players.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #54
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxa
I have a question about GTN and First team quality option.

I started my career with Portsmouth FC in 4th league and at first when I selected first team quality i got players that were low 60's high 50's overall and that was ok then.

Now my team is mostly lower 80's and sub bench is higher 70's since it is year 2021. and I have improved my team with free agents, blind scouting and youth system. I have a 5 star Exp/Judgement scouts and when I send them to scout for first team quality players I still get those lower 60's players as I was getting when I started. Is there any way around this bug or am I stuck with it and forced to blind scout players hoping to find a good one?

I started with Chelsea just to experiment and with a scout that has 3 stars and first team quality option I got superstars as scouted players.
Had a same thing happen in every career I did. Just something fifa needs to fix for next year. It all depends where your team STARTS the career. Not the current overall of the team

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »