Home

FIFA 14 Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #569
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: FIFA 14 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
A few days ago I picked up Madden 25 for XB1............but for those of you who don't play Madden, here are a few things we're missing out on:

-A progression system where the XP you get can be redeemed towards improving your team
-Weekly, Season, and Career milestones that award said XP
-The option to practice scenarios weekly in pre-game prep that award XP based on performance

This is it people, this is what CM in FIFA is missing: Team Building.
As a year round Madden player let me caution you about a few things:

XP--It's killing franchises. Both single user and league play. Once your a few seasons in the user teams are stacked while any CPU teams (or even user teams who typically lose) are way, way behind. The CPU AI can't manage XP any more than it can manage it's own roster. It's the rich get richer while the poor get poorer x 10.

Meeting weekly/season goal to earn XP: In user leagues guys are more concerned with meeting goals than sim, sportsmanlike play.

Practice-An absolute killer. The CPU doesn't practice so it doesn't gain XP. This leads to problem #1.

At the end of the day, EA is EA no matter the sport. Madden users will tell you that all of these things need a complete overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 05-31-2014, 05:55 AM   #570
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 14 Impressions

I go near the box and the 3-4 closes CPU players close down on me and attack.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:18 PM   #571
Rookie

My wish is for Fantasy Football... much like the Sim City style.

I'm not a joystick control freak. The most I enjoy is EA's Wii Console All Play style with a Pass button and a Shoot button using the wand with the computer taking care of player movements.

What I enjoy is the off field stuff. Creating stadiums, teams, players, tournaments, and scripts.

What the scripts do: Scripts create a predefined match result. The scripts can be as deep or shallow.

I could enter the match result in terms of who wins. I could go deeper and enter the score line at half time and full time, whether the match goes into overtime and penalties, player of the match, scorers, customise moves through stages of the match. Anybody with the correct instructions could recreate a real football match.

The theatrics are important... and with the correct depth and presentation, the movie created is beautiful football... Fantasy Football.

If only I knew where to get this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #572
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo
My wish is for Fantasy Football... much like the Sim City style.

I'm not a joystick control freak. The most I enjoy is EA's Wii Console All Play style with a Pass button and a Shoot button using the wand with the computer taking care of player movements.

What I enjoy is the off field stuff. Creating stadiums, teams, players, tournaments, and scripts.

What the scripts do: Scripts create a predefined match result. The scripts can be as deep or shallow.

I could enter the match result in terms of who wins. I could go deeper and enter the score line at half time and full time, whether the match goes into overtime and penalties, player of the match, scorers, customise moves through stages of the match. Anybody with the correct instructions could recreate a real football match.

The theatrics are important... and with the correct depth and presentation, the movie created is beautiful football... Fantasy Football.

If only I knew where to get this.
The Football Manager series?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »