Home

How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #65
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: How's Your FIFA 14 Career Mode Going?

Year 1: Werder Bremen

In:
CM Sebastian Rudy (Hoffenheim, 5M) - 23 yo, 75 ovr
ST Shawn Parker (Mainz 05, 1M) - 20 yo, 68 ovr

Out:
CM Junuzovic (Wolfsburg, 5M)
ST Akpala (Feyenoord, 3M)

Summary: 3W - 2D - 5L (11 points) - 11th in Bundesliga
So I chose Werder because they're one of those teams that was very up and down during the 2000's but has fallen on hard times a bit. Plus, who am I kidding, they're kits are gorgeous. I went after my namesake and distant relative (I'm assuming) in Sebastian Rudy from Hoffenheim. A solid holding midfielder who has a little creativity.
In his first match, found some room in the midfield against Nuremberg and hit a long range effort, ended up winning that match 2-0.

Highlights:
1-0 loss to Borussia Dortmund. I played them so tight, but a piece of artistry from Reus on a volley put me behind. We played with out hair on fire for the final 30 minutes only to come up short.

2-1 win over VfB Stuttgart. They struck early, but Elijero Elia, my speedy LM took over from there. An assist and a fancy finish on a cross (love finishing on this game by the way, don't feel like I've scored the same way twice) and I had the much needed win (form was dropping until then)

However, after the Stuttgart match.... I was curious and checked available jobs. Atletico Madrid was there so I goofed around and threw my resume in. They offered me the gig so off to Madrid I go. 39 million in transfer fees and a potent lineup has been underachieving (7th in the table) so I'm on board now.

Look for an update later in the Week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #66
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

So we just got through September in my first year. Here are our results:

Community Shield:
VS Wigan 3-0 Win

League play:
AT Swansea 1-0 Win
VS Chlesea 1-0 Win
VS Crystal Palace 3-0 Win
AT Liverpool 4-1 Win
AT Man City 2-1 Win
VS West Bromwich 2-2 Draw

Capital One Cup:
Birmingham City 4-0 Win
Burnley 2-0 Win

We had 4 more transfers out and 2 transfers in before the deadline.

The transfers out were:
GK Lindegaard 4.7 mil
RM Januzaj 200K
CAM Powell 750K
ST Welbeck 12 mil

The transfers in were:
RB Montoya 10 mil
GK Ter Stegan 17 mil

So Man U sits atop the table with 19 points. We are tied with Everton but we have a goal difference of 12 while Everton has a goal difference of 5.

So Our line up has changed a little, Here is what it looks like now:
GK De Gea/Ter Stegan
LB Montoya
CB Ferdinand
CB Vidic
RB Rafael
CDM Jones
CAM Rooney
LW Cleverly
RW Kagawa
LS van Persie
RS Benzema
Soccer: Manchester United/Real Madrid/AS Roma/Lyon/Bayern Munich/Chicago Fire
Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #67
Rookie

JAGGER6223's Arena

OVR: 0

This year I've decided to manage Portsmouth. They have got some young players and some experienced players with a reasonable budget in League 2. Hopefully I can gain promotion in my first season but it will be challenging. I will keep you updated.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #68
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I started a career with Blackburn and it's crashing and burning around me because, for the life of me, I just cannot get behind these kits.

Blue & Red are awful in combination; they look like some gaudy nightmare kit that the U.S. would have worn in the mid 90's.

Oh well. I really wanted to go with Nottingham Forest but I really don't like their away stripe this year. Still, it's better than Blackburn!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

What camera is everyone using for this mode? The default camera for this mode is very laggy for me.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #70
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

After a VERY frustrating Sunday playing '14, I decided to just stick with my VP Career and not play my Manager Career until I can consistently do well on World Class. For now I'll stick to Pro without sliders, maybe with for as long as my ego can take it.

Position: RF (I wanted this to be ST)
League: Barclay's Premier League
Team: Arsenal/on loan at Cheltenham Town
Objectives: 7.5 avg rating, 19 goals, 5, assists, 22% shooting

I haven't done a Player Career in a while. It's kind of refreshing to not have to worry about ever aspect of the team and just go out and play. Also, although I support Arsenal, it's the only time I'll play as them since I like to start from the bottom. What hasn't changed is that I'm fighting the compulsive urge to restart this Player Career in order to fine tune my player. That RF instead of ST is gnawing at me.

Anyway, I played the first friendly and was then put on list for loan, ending up at Cheltenham Town in League 2. I can't remember what my OVR started at but I'm currently at 72 with 24% of my accomplishments completed. I've been selected for US International Friendlies (my player is from the US), one of which saw me played at RM (I bet it's that damned RF listing).

I'm already pretty deep into the season so I won't bother going into lots of detail but we're currently in 1st place and tied with Chesterfield. I have 10 goals, 1 assist, and my shooting is at 18%. On that note I'll mention that this is the first time in a LOOOONG time that I don't think I'll be able to exceed all of my season objectives which is kind of exciting. I expect to be in a mad dash near the end of the season to get as man goals and assists as possible. More updates coming soon.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGER6223
This year I've decided to manage Portsmouth. They have got some young players and some experienced players with a reasonable budget in League 2. Hopefully I can gain promotion in my first season but it will be challenging. I will keep you updated.
This is who I went with as well. Won the League 2 my first year and made the quarter finals of the FA cup but lost to Arsenal. Now onto my second year and hoping to continue the success of last season now in League 1. Slowly building my team up up players fitting the style I like as well as trying to develop an effective youth system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #72
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

First attempt is with Fleetwood Town. Big transfer budget, small wages. Going to push for promotion by bringing in some loans from Premier League and Championship League teams. May scour the free agents as well and see if any could help right away.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »