Home

Official FUT Thread

This is a discussion on Official FUT Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Official FUT Thread

Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to FUT. Just looking for tips. I don't want to spend real money to buy packs, I'd rather grind it out. How I've built my team so far is to have sections of my squad be from the same country/club and rotate those groupings so they are constantly fit. Is this a good method? What should I strive for?
Also what's the best way to get coins? I prefer offline to online but I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
FIFA 14 Ultimate Team - 1 FUT premium gold pack per week, for 24 weeks
To help build their ultimate team. Each gold pack is a mix of 12 items, including players, contracts, stadiums, managers, staff, fitness, healing, balls, kits, and badges. Gold packs consist mostly of players rated 75+ in-game, and include one rare item, such as enhanced player attributes, longer contracts, and the most coveted players.

AND

The EA SPORTS FOOTBALL CLUB Catalogue Bundle
A variety of unique catalogue items including:
The adidas Bundle - Includes 2 pairs of boots, 2 balls, and the adidas All-Star Team. This elite team consists of Leo Messi and 29 of the brand's top players and most coveted footballers in the world.
Pro Boosters - Receive 5 different Pro Boosts to improve your Online Pro.
Celebrations - Access 3 locked goal celebrations immediately.
Historic Club Kits - Unlock a wide selection of historic club kits featuring major clubs from accross the globe.
I have an XBOX 360 redeemable code for this that I don't plan on using. If anyone would like to purchase this just PM me.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Id take it for sure but prob wont buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

Been playing around. Started my regular rotation of teams; United States/MLS, Premier League "All-Stars" (lower end stars since I can't afford the big timers), Bundesliga 2, Bundesliga, Polish, nPower League 1, nPower League 2, and so I have something to play with now, the starter team until I win a few tournaments and build up a solid team, or drop a few bucks on some packs and hopefully sell off a few of the guys I won't use.

Really focused on getting the USMNT, or my version of it, and my Premier League teams built up. I'll build a silver and bronze team to complete some tournaments.

Haven't even touched a CM yet, which is what I'm really excited about, but I'll stick with FUT since it's a lot of fun.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 09-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #13
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to FUT. Just looking for tips. I don't want to spend real money to buy packs, I'd rather grind it out. How I've built my team so far is to have sections of my squad be from the same country/club and rotate those groupings so they are constantly fit. Is this a good method? What should I strive for?
Also what's the best way to get coins? I prefer offline to online but I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks
You're on the right track for building. Typically, your team should all share the same team, nationality, and at minimum, league, to take advantage of the bonuses. So your approach is to have as many green arrows around. Make sure your positions are spot on. That will save you a lot of hassle.

Regarding coins, the best way is to play online because you get way more coins than offline - even if you lose. Just don't quit or forfeit. You can still play offline, but online is the way to go to earn coins fast.

The other thing to make money though is to constantly search for deals on the transfer market and buy them and resell them at a higher price. If you can buy some of the consumables for low and resell them higher, you will make easy money fast.

I'm on PS3 guys and so far, I'm building gold Prem and Bundesliga teams. My prem team is average, while thanks to some nice packs, I got some nice pieces for my Bundesliga team. I also bought Gotze tonight and will have him playing as a striker to take advantage of his pace. I still have 7,650 points plus the 2 packs a week from season ticket and preorder.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #14
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I built a pretty solid English team in 13, but now I have to decide who I want to roll with in 14. Anyone have any good formation choices? That's usually how I start out, by picking a formation and then filling in the blanks.
I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with no wingers and built a German focused team. It helped that I got guys like Alaba from packs and filled in the blanks through the AH
Old 09-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #15

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

I hate VTPack and everything this thread stands for.

That being said... This mode is pretty fun. I feel kinda dirty because I traded a bunch of unused game keys (thanks, plenty of old humble bundles) to a friend who gave some FIFA coins or whatever the stuff people buy is called.

I will say that it is in no way easier. If any of you are on PC and play this mode you should add me - also if you are looking for any certain cards. I have a ton of cards (still missing a bunch of big names) but don't have an issue giving some of them away to cool people here that will actually use them and not try to just take me for a profit.

Edit: Forgot to put my name in. On PC it's ubernoobNTH .

Lost a close one right now. Sadly. He went up 1-0 on a mistake by me (the cursor auto changed and I accidentally dragged my CB out of position leaving the middle of the box open). I responded at the 80' mark and he got in a quick cross goal (CB whiffed) at the 82' mark. Suarez strayed BARELY offside that took away the sure equalizer from me. Heartbreaking. Was a very good match though.

I'm now 3-1-2 in Division 10, with 10 points. 2 more for the "title" boost (Yay coins) with 4 games remaining.

Spoilered for size.
Spoiler

Last edited by ubernoob; 09-26-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Offline Fut.

Season mode vs CPU. Played 24 games.

One thing I noticed last night, my keeper had 0 saves and the CPU keeper had 9. It made me think hmmmm have I ever seen my keeper save a shot in fut offline? Seriously. I mean my keeper has collected an errant pass or air ball forward but I have not seen one shot from the CPU that my keeper has saved or parried. This can't be.

Also the difficulty levels are screwy. What I mean is sometimes on pro you can slaughter the CPU but get destroyed on WC but then have a great even game on pro and then a tidy 2-1 game on semi pro.

More than it being a difficulty level it feels more like the game decides at kickoff whether it's going to be robo CPU and my team are idiots, both of us are equals, or my team is amazing and the CPU is brain dead.

That lottery seems to dictate gameplay more than the difficulty setting.

Some of the world class matches on default are insanely frustrating when your team decides to take the game off and sit this one out.

But strangely or masochistically, now that I get how the CPU ai works I am kinda into fut even more now. The key is when you play the offline seasons it becomes a math game. When it mixes semipro, pro and world class you calculate your win total and see if you can take the losses to the crazy overpowering CPU games and still reach the point goal.

If you can somehow force a draw when the CPU is in god mode you have really won.

That no keeper save thing isn't good though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »