Home

Official FUT Thread

This is a discussion on Official FUT Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #25
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official FUT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor

I've dug this mode since I heavily started getting into it last year. Not the greatest player, but it's fun nonetheless. I spent $80 to get the 12K points and plus my carryover from last year I had 15K worth of points. I still have 10K left lol.
Can you explain this more?

Points? Do you mean FUT coins or the FIFA coins associated with your FIFA level that allow you to buy kits, boots, celebrations, etc.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #26

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Can you explain this more?

Points? Do you mean FUT coins or the FIFA coins associated with your FIFA level that allow you to buy kits, boots, celebrations, etc.?
It's FIFA Points. The ones you can buy to buy packs with. FIFA coins are the ones you earn in game that you can buy packs/players with, and then the other coins (for the celebrations and such) are called something else.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I've tried a bunch of different ones. I've tried a 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1 for multiple matches each. I get abused in this mode (whether I run a bronze team or a team of top players.)
Okay let's take the 3-5-2 for example because that should be a good formation for shutting down through balls. Workrates are one, if not the most important stats to look for on an UT team card.

In this formation you need at least one striker with a high offensive workrate. The splits on workrates are offensive/defensive. In the team below you will see Bony has H/M. I like to pair a strong guy like Bony with a fast guy like Kone to vary my attack. (Kone has also been a gem in FUT for quite some time). Kone's M/M workrates don't matter as much here because he will typically be sitting a little more shallow than Bony, which isn't a bad thing.

LM/RM: It is crucial to this formation that who ever you choose for the wings has a M or higher defensive workrate. These guys play like wing backs because they also need to track back and help defend down the flanks. That is the one weakness of this formation. I also recommend to keep these guys over 80 pace because there is no LB/RB to clean up for them.

CAM: In this formation you want a guy that is strong and can win balls in the air. In my example I chose Michu for that very reason. The CAM will get involved on set pieces and crosses, putting someone like Nasri there would really cost you. Michu is also great with long shots and his work rates match the position well.

CDM: It is very important that you stay away from two guys with high offensive workrates here. You want atleast one CDM to stay home in this formation. If you have two guys like Ramires they will get sucked up into the offense too much and leave you wide open for counter attacks and through balls. I like to have both my CDMs with high defensive workrates in any formation, it is just personal preference. H/H workrates are too box to box for the types of CDM I look for.

CB: Very important to go the same route as the CDMs. A CB with unbalanced, offensively favored workrate H/M M/L even M/M will tend to drift too far up the pitch. You want the workrates tilted in the defenses favor M/H L/H. If you do put a M/M guy in (like Kaboul) make sure he has the pace to get back and cover the spot he leaves when working up the pitch. In the 3-5-2 put your pacier CBs on the outside and your slowest one in the middle. It is also ideal to make sure the CB in the middle is taller and stronger. The LCB and RCB will cover for his lack of pace (although Distin is pretty fast for a CB) and the CB will clean up everything in the air.

GK: Guzan because America

Also, when running a 3-5-2, it is best to click left on the d-pad to set your team to "defensive". This will help you players stay in position and better prepare them for through balls. Once you are more comfortable on defense you can go back to normal or ever aggressive.

The team I made should cost less than 40,000 as long as you don't buy the in form Guzan. I just love in form Americans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (170.1 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by VTPack919; 09-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #28
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Thanks VT. I never paid too much attention to the work rates, so I appreciate the depth you went into to explain them.

This is the team I'm rolling with ATM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parker-fc.jpg (113.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 09-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #29
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Love Howedes. He's the best CB I have used so far.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #30

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

This is what I rolled with last game. Went down 1-0, came back to win 2-1. Their keeper chased one out of the left side of the box and Suarez stole the ball off a bad clearance and managed to just knock it in from 30-35 yds away, and Baptista scored off a beautiful header from the corner. Was the first time I've ever scored online from any set piece.

The game result
Spoiler

I had no idea about the workrate thing, as it's never properly explained or even mentioned - and you have to dig through menus to see them. Thanks Pack. I hate you less now.

2 games left in the online season. Only division 9 I need 2 points to not get relegated back down.

Last edited by ubernoob; 09-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #31
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Code is now gone

Last edited by Cpre5; 09-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #32
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
I have a code for PS3 24 FIFA Ultimate Team Gold Packs.
msg me
nvm...I don't have PS3 if it's PS3 exclusive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »