Home

Holy good God the CPU defense is ridiculously overpowered

This is a discussion on Holy good God the CPU defense is ridiculously overpowered within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Holy good God the CPU defense is ridiculously overpowered

what's really annoying with FIFA 14 is the fact that you can't dance around the CPU defense with players like Ronaldo or Messi but the AI can just wreck your defense with players like Morgan Amalfitano (who's not shabby himself, but you understand the difference)

another fact that might actually make me quit playing FIFA 14 is the fact that the CPU defense can handle your crosses with so much ease yet my defense NEVER EVER even chases aerial through balls.. they just STAND there.
In addition, I pass around the defense and finally slice them through to get in the box but lo and behold the GOD AI who WILL NEVER PUT A FOOT WRONG. IS THERE ANY WAY TO REMEDY THIS? IT IS SO FRUSTRATING TO BEAUTIFULLY CUT THE CPU'S DEFENSE WITH BEAUTIFUL 1-2s JUST TO HAVE YOUR PLAYER ROBBED OF THE BALL EVERY SINGLE TIME HE'S ALREADY IN THE BOX.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #42
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah. One time I played against a one star team using Real Madrid, and even though I was near their goal the whole game, they kept making amazing saves for the whole game. Then I played against a real team and it was just as hard as the one star team. Basically, every team has a five star defense.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #43
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I play pro mainly even though I out tackle the cpu to death but the games seem more fair. On the higher difficulties it just feels like their is no difference they all play like 5 star teams. At least on pro it feels more balanced. Also it depends on the user skill as well as what I find difficult others may not.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #44
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai27
what's really annoying with FIFA 14 is the fact that you can't dance around the CPU defense with players like Ronaldo or Messi but the AI can just wreck your defense with players like Morgan Amalfitano (who's not shabby himself, but you understand the difference)

another fact that might actually make me quit playing FIFA 14 is the fact that the CPU defense can handle your crosses with so much ease yet my defense NEVER EVER even chases aerial through balls.. they just STAND there.
In addition, I pass around the defense and finally slice them through to get in the box but lo and behold the GOD AI who WILL NEVER PUT A FOOT WRONG. IS THERE ANY WAY TO REMEDY THIS? IT IS SO FRUSTRATING TO BEAUTIFULLY CUT THE CPU'S DEFENSE WITH BEAUTIFUL 1-2s JUST TO HAVE YOUR PLAYER ROBBED OF THE BALL EVERY SINGLE TIME HE'S ALREADY IN THE BOX.

It's amazing how dependent this entire game is on the acceleration slider.

If you look at Matt 10's sliders you will see that Sprint Speed can be zeroed out.

Then you can isolate Acceleration and it's affect on the game/gameplay.

You can see this from both sides of the ball. If you lower your acceleration (this is what the game does to your team when you go up levels) you will suddenly feel how unresponsive the controller feels and how every move you make from dribble. pass, to shoot feels laggy and out of your control.

Now move acceleration up and wow it's instantaneous, you feel like you are in total control, stick and button control feels amazing and crosses and shots are more accurate, players make runs, everything is wonderful.

-----------------------

Now do the same thing for the CPU. If you raise their acceleration (what the game does as you move up in difficulty) they suddenly get a foot in on everything, toe poke the entire game, keeper saves become once in a lifetime stuff, every shot you take is blocked, the cpu seems psychic, they run 3 man triangle offense all over the pitch, their passes become laser like in precision, all of it.

Next, lower their acceleration, and they play more realistically on defense but can't get anything going on offense. Because their passes aren't as accurate, they don't win every 50/50 ball, they can't run the amazingly disciplined offside step up defense as perfectly, etc.

All of this on one slider.

It's part of the reason why the game feels incomplete because of the tug of war that is created off of one aspect of gameplay having such a huge influence on the entire game.

Gnemi had a great suggestion in the Fifa wishlist thread. Offense and defense settings for the AI. Like NCAA has this year.

Last edited by BL8001; 10-17-2013 at 10:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »