Home

Tacitcal Adjustments

This is a discussion on Tacitcal Adjustments within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Tacitcal Adjustments

Is there an easy way to make tactical adjustments in FIFA 14? For example, if you go down 1-0 in the 75th minute and want to move your CDM into a CAM role, and push your RM into RW, how would you do that? In past years, I believe you'd have to go through the laborious process of editing one of the existing formations to suit the changes you wanted, then save it to the HDD and apply it to your team. I'm hoping this year there's something akin to the tactical menu in PES.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tacitcal Adjustments

From what I can tell it's that same way. You can pause and go into the team menu and move each players position to where you want them. Yes, laborious.

I just want more choices on the quick tactics. Custom quick tactics if you wish.

I definitely want one that says STAY ONSIDE. To counter the offside trap.

I would like more MF control. I know you can tell your team to be aggressive on O. But how about ALL CM act like CAM or All CM act like CDM?

Or spacing options? There are times where the CPU chooses to play wider or narrower and I cannot counter this on the fly. There are also times where the CPU (as you go up in difficulty) chooses to space my players farther apart. I want to counter that by hitting a button that goes Widest Wide Normal Narrow Narrowest.

Heck I would love a tactic that just said "come to the ball" to my team mates.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
MVP

teambayern's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
From what I can tell it's that same way. You can pause and go into the team menu and move each players position to where you want them. Yes, laborious.

I just want more choices on the quick tactics. Custom quick tactics if you wish.

I definitely want one that says STAY ONSIDE. To counter the offside trap.

I would like more MF control. I know you can tell your team to be aggressive on O. But how about ALL CM act like CAM or All CM act like CDM?

Or spacing options? There are times where the CPU chooses to play wider or narrower and I cannot counter this on the fly. There are also times where the CPU (as you go up in difficulty) chooses to space my players farther apart. I want to counter that by hitting a button that goes Widest Wide Normal Narrow Narrowest.

Heck I would love a tactic that just said "come to the ball" to my team mates.
Sorry, just to be clear, if i wanted to make my CDM my CAM, which of these two ways would it work:

1. Go to sub screen, click on CDM and move him up a bit, then change role to CAM; or

2. Go to tactics, identify current formation, edit that formation to have a CAM replace the CDM, save that formation as one of my pre-determined formation slots, which I can then choose from the formation screen.

Hoping it's the first, but #2 is how it has been working in past years. If it's still 2, that's a real shame, because it's not feasible to do this every time you want to make a minor mid game tactical change.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Yep. It's option 1. Just select the player and you will see a box on the pitch. If you move them and they stay in the box they stay the original position.

If you move them out of the box it changes the position and formation.

So if you are playing 4-4-2 and click a ST and move him to CF you are now playing 4-4-1-1.

I think no matter what you choose to do it prompts you to save. I also think you can choose to apply but not save and get back out to the pitch with the updated form edit.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

It's option #2. What you just explained, BL8001, is option #2.
It hasn't been changed from previous years.

I usually have at least one offensive and defensive formation saved to make it quicker, but I would prefer a system similar to the one in PES for those quick in-game changes.

Last edited by Entiae; 10-01-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
MVP

teambayern's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
It's option #2. What you just explained, BL8001, is option #2.
It hasn't been changed from previous years.

I usually have at least one offensive and defensive formation saved to make it quicker, but I would prefer a system similar to the one in PES for those quick in-game changes.
Ugh, that's too bad. PES really has FIFA beat in this aspect.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
2. Go to tactics, identify current formation, edit that formation to have a CAM replace the CDM, save that formation as one of my pre-determined formation slots, which I can then choose from the formation screen.

Hoping it's the first, but #2 is how it has been working in past years. If it's still 2, that's a real shame, because it's not feasible to do this every time you want to make a minor mid game tactical change.
Just create a number of permanent custom formations for both attack and defend situations. Create a custom attack formation with your CDM as a CAM and save it. Then when in-game, pause and switch to that formation when needed, just takes a moment. Or am I misunderstanding, and are you saying you don't think it's feasible to pause the game like that?

Last edited by Yeats; 10-03-2013 at 05:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »