Home

Fouls In FIFA 14

This is a discussion on Fouls In FIFA 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About EA's Philosophy On Fouls
I completely agree, fouls only slow down the game 1 1.20%
I completely disagree, fouls should be more realistic 80 96.39%
I don't care either way 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Fouls In FIFA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezdi
How do I change that?
I got DB Master 14 and File Master but I can't find the db to edit refs.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you
The db files need to be exported from the game files using FM. They're in the data0.big file, and there are two files:

fifa_ng_db (db file)
fifa_ng_db-meta (xml file)

Place the two files in a new folder and name it db, then place it in the FIFA 14 / Game / data folder. You then have to regenerate the files. I can help you find a regenerator. After that you're free to edit using DBM.

Regenerator:

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...d.php?t=187799

Last edited by Yeats; 10-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
The db files need to be exported from the game files using FM. They're in the data0.big file, and there are two files:

fifa_ng_db (db file)
fifa_ng_db-meta (xml file)

Place the two files in a new folder and name it db, then place it in the FIFA 14 / Game / data folder. You then have to regenerate the files. I can help you find a regenerator. After that you're free to edit using DBM.
Dude, awesome!

Thanks for your help. I'm psyched to mess with this.

Again, thank you very much!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #59
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm really tiring of the uncalled holding & shirt-pulling when I have a step or two on the defender. This was called much more last year, often resulting in a card if used excessively (as it should). I can't tell you how many times I worked a nice 1-2 or dribbled a defender on the flank, only to have him grab & pull my guy off balance and eventually overtake him or at least slow him down enough to allow another defender to get involved.

It's not like they catch up, do it once, and outmuscle him; it's often occurs for a few seconds before I either change direction to get away or get forced off the ball. It makes me wish there was a dive command... which would actually be a really good way to combat this.

Last edited by Qb; 10-17-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I'm really tiring of the uncalled holding & shirt-pulling when I have a step or two on the defender. This was called much more last year
It was, I'm getting about half the number of fouls this year as I did last year with the same db edits. I assume it has to do with conflicts from coding in the new inertia system. Heck, this year you can plow into CPU players and steal the ball, and the ref just stands there scratching his whistle.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #61
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks for the notes about Referee Strictness, Yeats.

I'm assuming I just followed directions well enough. I opened up my FIFA '14 database in DBM, edited the entire column for strictness so that every referee is now on 2. Then, I regenerated all DB files using FHL-BH Editor.

Voila?

I've only used FHL-BH-Editor to edit my kit number colors and stuff so far, but I'm assuming it works fine for regenerating the actual DB files, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Thanks for the notes about Referee Strictness, Yeats.

I'm assuming I just followed directions well enough. I opened up my FIFA '14 database in DBM, edited the entire column for strictness so that every referee is now on 2. Then, I regenerated all DB files using FHL-BH Editor.
Once the db files are regenerated the first time to activate them, they don't have to be regenerated again, even when you make changes to any of the db tables.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
The "Average"/"Strict" (Card/Foul) referee is by far my favourite. In my latest game I had 7 fouls and the CPU had 6.
I was wondering if the refs actually differed according to their description. Are you playing on a console or pc with an edited database?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #64
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
I was wondering if the refs actually differed according to their description. Are you playing on a console or pc with an edited database?
Console. I wish I could play with an edited database though, the "strict" referee is still too lenient when it comes to fouls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »