Home

Gameplay more difficult in Career Mode?

This is a discussion on Gameplay more difficult in Career Mode? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Gameplay more difficult in Career Mode?

I'm having some issues playing Fifa 14 in career mode. It seems that the game play is different (slower paced and more difficult) in career mode for me than it is in kickoff mode. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am playing as Swansea City. When I play with them in kickoff mode, the game is fun, the gameplay moves at a good pace (as do my players) and still while challenging, I can enjoy a fun game of soccer.

When using the same team (Swansea) in career mode however, the game is not nearly as fun. My players move so slow like they have ankle weights on. Even the ball moves slower. The gameplay seems more difficult and slower in career mode and is making the game not nearly as fun. Eventhough I am using the same team and have not made any changes to sliders or difficulty level. It seems in career mode that my team is worse and my oponents are better than in kick off mode.

What am I doning wrong or what do I need to change to make the game as enjoyable in career mode as it is in kickoff mode? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Gameplay more difficult in Career Mode?

FIFA plays differently in different modes. I play with player lock on for example and the game plays noticeably different (better and smarter IMO) than when I control all players. Career mode is somewhat unique; there are gameplay values in the game files that adjust career mode difficulty, depending on your opponent. It's probably the biggest reason I haven't bought the game yet and why I'm still playing the demo. None of that game coding is in the demo, so every demo game plays the same, and feels balanced and fair.

Unless you have the PC version, the only thing you can do is adjust sliders with each game, depending on how the gameplay happens to feel. If your team feels unusually sluggish, raise User speed and accel sliders a couple of clicks for example.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Hate to say it, but this has always been more or less how Career Mode worked. It's got a light to moderate amount of scripting to it.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Hate to say it, but this has always been more or less how Career Mode worked. It's got a light to moderate amount of scripting to it.
Not scripting per se in that game outcomes are not predetermined. The CPU receives varying degrees of stat boosts, which in turn help it to hit crosses and headers, get to loose balls and avoid tackles with a psychic aptitude that's just... incredibly annoying actually.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Right, that's what I meant.

There's no guarantee you'll lose a particular match but as I described last year in my Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures thread, there are certifiably certain matches where the AI is given major advantages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Right, that's what I meant.

There's no guarantee you'll lose a particular match but as I described last year in my Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures thread, there are certifiably certain matches where the AI is given major advantages.
Can we say Champions' League...I mean up European...um whatever it is that they call it
Old 10-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
as I described last year in my Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures thread, there are certifiably certain matches where the AI is given major advantages.
There are product file codes for the PC version that can eliminate a lot of that, I was able to pretty much fix career mode for FIFA 13 anyway.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

fifa 13 career was all fine for me as far as relative difficulty goes. is it any different this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »