Home

Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is great. Thanks for putting it together....again. EA should include this in their roster sets, and send you a free game for your trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #42
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I have no idea what happened, but at some point yesterday, an entire page of this thread was deleted.

Very odd.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #43
Just started!

OVR: 0

I am new to this tread i just wanted to know if anyone tweaks the formation, because i am barcelona fan, the isssue i have is always i play possession football
but my midfield players dont make runs in the box, anyone who can be helpful
Old 10-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

I play mostly exhibitions and I just don't see the cpu playing according to its custom tactics.

I use ORIONS sliders world class level and I use 2 controllers to input the cpu CTT. My rosters are default and not downloaded squads. Last few games I tried BLACKBURN rovers as the cpu, and they do not cross the ball nor play the long ball.

What do you guys think it might be? They're playing like a posession team with short easy passes. Even when they are down the flanks and the cross is the appropriate play, they pass the ball back and try to dribble in.

With Blackburn's CTT, they should cross the ball a lot, even if it's not the the best times to cross it.

Any ideas Krebstar? Anyone?

Thx

Last edited by phillyfan23; 10-14-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #45
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neymessi
I am new to this tread i just wanted to know if anyone tweaks the formation, because i am barcelona fan, the isssue i have is always i play possession football
but my midfield players dont make runs in the box, anyone who can be helpful
These settings are just for the AI to play realistically. Not human teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
I play mostly exhibitions and I just don't see the cpu playing according to its custom tactics.

I use ORIONS sliders world class level and I use 2 controllers to input the cpu CTT. My rosters are default and not downloaded squads. Last few games I tried BLACKBURN rovers as the cpu, and they do not cross the ball nor play the long ball.

What do you guys think it might be? They're playing like a posession team with short easy passes. Even when they are down the flanks and the cross is the appropriate play, they pass the ball back and try to dribble in.

With Blackburn's CTT, they should cross the ball a lot, even if it's not the the best times to cross it.

Any ideas Krebstar? Anyone?

Thx
They're not playing according to the settings because they're not using the settings. Not sure how, but when you get into the game, you're not saving or something isn't working.

Instead of the two controller method, go into Team Management and put the tactics in for the team, save the squad file and make sure you're using that file.

Then, you'll notice a difference. They'll definitely cross, and hit it long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #46
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
These settings are just for the AI to play realistically. Not human teams.

They're not playing according to the settings because they're not using the settings. Not sure how, but when you get into the game, you're not saving or something isn't working.

Instead of the two controller method, go into Team Management and put the tactics in for the team, save the squad file and make sure you're using that file.

Then, you'll notice a difference. They'll definitely cross, and hit it long.

I've saved the squad file, and even checked after 15 mins of play to go back to the cpu custom tactics....and the CTT for BLACKBURN is the one you've posted. I'm sure it's working for you, but do you think this could be because it's exhibition matches and not CM? maybe my game is PSN downloaded?

i'm stumped right now....tried legendary level, and their playing style is the same. short pass ticky tacka dribble dribble instead of cross.

weird
Old 10-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #47
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
I've saved the squad file, and even checked after 15 mins of play to go back to the cpu custom tactics....and the CTT for BLACKBURN is the one you've posted. I'm sure it's working for you, but do you think this could be because it's exhibition matches and not CM? maybe my game is PSN downloaded?

i'm stumped right now....tried legendary level, and their playing style is the same. short pass ticky tacka dribble dribble instead of cross.

weird
I'm only testing in Exhibition matches on the PS3, but disc. I just edited that tactic yesterday to bring down the crossing and long passing because it was too much.

Very odd.

And they're not hitting it long once they gain possession, or going down the wings and putting in crosses?

I'm stumped.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #48
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm only testing in Exhibition matches on the PS3, but disc. I just edited that tactic yesterday to bring down the crossing and long passing because it was too much.

Very odd.

And they're not hitting it long once they gain possession, or going down the wings and putting in crosses?

I'm stumped.
OK PROBLEM SOLVED....when you said earlier team management, I thought you meant the team management before the game starts....but I guess you meant team management from edit teams folder.

Blackburn is now playing old style english football. Long passes galore...

thanks krebstar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »