Home

Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

FIFA 13 Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ai-thread.html

Okay boys, back for another year. Finally purchased the game, and have been playing around with team tactics. Overall, the AI plays much better out of the box this year, but it still lacks variety from team to team. You won't see a team posses you to death one game, and hammer you with long balls the next. So, these settings are all about correcting that.

The AI automatically applies pressure better than last year, as well as holds possession a bit better. So, those were both taken into account.

As for now, I'm using the default formations that come with the teams in the game.

Also, at this point the goal is to have almost as many tactics as last year (28 is the max), but we could lower it and combine some if it's evident that they're just too similar to have different ones. However, from my time playing so far, 5-10 points on a setting does make a difference.

As always, the main goal of these is to make teams play in a realistic manner that you would see in real life. That doesn't mean each team will play like their real-life counterpart, but should play in a realistic manner. If you see that a team should have a different tactic, don't just complain. Instead, say which you think it would be switched to.

Spreadsheet is below, so far only containing England.

FIFA 14 Realism Project Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

Last edited by Krebstar; 10-18-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

You the man, thanks Kerb!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

For some reason no matter what i change in the team tactics(AI) the teams all still rather pass than have a shot or cross, im really getting frustrated and starting to enjoy the game less and less...How can i fix this situation and get the CPU teams to shot and cross more what ever i seem to change has no effect on the game!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Always one of the best threads of the year. Pumped for the FIFA 14 iteration - and here's hoping that all these work seamlessly on next gen.
Boston Celtics
Old 10-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
For some reason no matter what i change in the team tactics(AI) the teams all still rather pass than have a shot or cross, im really getting frustrated and starting to enjoy the game less and less...How can i fix this situation and get the CPU teams to shot and cross more what ever i seem to change has no effect on the game!
In general, we'll all have to wait to see how the patch affects tactics. We can't be sure just how much was altered by EA with this patch, but give it a few weeks and we can start to make really meaningful tactics.

As such, I started my career with the ability to change my opponent's tactics and I'll rely on that probably for most of the season for FIFA '14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
It's either one of two things.

You're either not using the saved squad file that has tactics adjusted in exhibition matches or in CM. In exhibition matches, you must turn off the gameday rosters or whatever they'll called. It's triangle on PS3, and Y on Xbox. If you don't do that, then you're playing with online rosters. In CM, when you start, you'll want to start with "current customized" rosters when you're setting up the game.

Or the other thing is you don't like the settings, so you just need to just adjust the shooting and crossing settings in the tactics.

I'm fairly happy with them now, but I also want teams to try and hold onto the ball more than I do. Unless they're a more direct team. Otherwise, players shouldn't always shoot when near goal. Often in real life players pass for what appears to be a better option.

Play through a whole game (10 minutes halves at least) and see how many shots are taken. It may seem less than you're used to in FIFA, but that is good, as the teams play terribly with default settings. At least I think they do.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
In general, we'll all have to wait to see how the patch affects tactics. We can't be sure just how much was altered by EA with this patch, but give it a few weeks and we can start to make really meaningful tactics.

As such, I started my career with the ability to change my opponent's tactics and I'll rely on that probably for most of the season for FIFA '14.
My gut says that the patch won't have too huge of an effect. They're tweaking the power of things like headers and what not, so I don't know if tactics will need to change.

But we shall see. I'm enjoying the game so far with these.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey Krebstar - quick question for you:

In my career, when I assume control over the AI and manually select their Tactics before a match, will it remember the assignment not only for that match but also for the next time I play them?

E.g. - I'm playing Arsenal, I switch them to Custom - Arsenal. Will it keep their tactics throughout my career as Custom - Arsenal?

Furthermore, if I both edit *and* assign Custom - Arsenal, will my edits be kept as well when I play Arsenal in the future?

I sure hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »