Home

FIFA '15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on FIFA '15 Wishlist within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
FIFA '15 Wishlist

I'm already warming up a few of my yearly, "If only they had..." daydreams about the FIFA series.

I'll kick things off with the following:
  • Attacking and Defending Difficulty: We all know how poorly the AI attacks on anything other than Legendary. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could select a difficulty setting for Attacking and Defending? I would probably love FIFA more if I could choose World Class for Defending and Legendary for Attacking.
  • Simulation and Arcade: Alternatively or in combination with the above, what's wrong with putting two styles of gameplay code into the game for both factions of enthusiasts? The NBA Jam kids can combo fatality their way to glory while the sim fans can enjoy something that attempts to approximate real world football results. Everybody's happy.
  • More third kits! If freakin' Burnley can have three kits in the game, surely they can allow other clubs to have a third kit. Kits are the lifeblood of an immersive, enjoyable Career Mode!
  • Global Transfer Network: This will be controversial, but...just kill it. Go back to the drawing board and try again. You gave the wrong answer to the right problem here, EA. Yes, the transfer system was silly, but the scouting itself was *not* the problem. The problem was that the negotiations were (and still are) broken. Once you find the talent, it's far too easy to sign them. Huge clubs don't give away their youth studs. Period. They will loan them out until they're 26 before they'll let them escape to a rival club. Don't make it impossible because that wouldn't be much fun, but don't allow MK Dons to spend 2 million euros to buy Adnan Januzaj. If you want to keep the GTN, overhaul it to make it a lot less tedious, but better yet, just kill it dead and start from scratch because if you go any further with it, you might actually kill a lot of people's interest in Career Mode (mine included).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA '15 Wishlist

More fouls.

Or at least a slider which lets us control the amount of fouls, etc.

Or just let us choose a referee in CM.

Please.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
More fouls.

Please.
Yes, absolutely. The more inventive way of addressing the problem would be with referees. Give us a range of expectations.

In FIFA '13, the commentators would often remark on how strict the referee was, based on reputation. Unfortunately, it made jack$hit of a difference in gameplay.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm pretty much in agreement so far, apart from the GTN. I like the idea, and I'm happy for EA to spend some time on the execution.

Proper Loan Window:

Let's have a fully functioning loan window for the lower league clubs, and emergency loans also. If I have a player on loan and would like to sign him permanently, don't give me the "recently joined" nonsense, either.

Custom Chants:

They just don't work. There aren't enough slots, and they usually disappear halfway through the game anyway.

Referees...

Apart from the fact that fouls are broken and referees are rather biased, they have no situational awareness. The amount of times I've been through on goal, one-on-one, only for the referee to blow for half time/full time.

Customisation Of Generic Stadia:

When I have to use a generic stadium in CM, at least let me choose the net colour, et al.

I'm sure there's more I'll think of later, but that's it for now...
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Remove the CPU automatic defensive clearance to perfectly positioned CPU player and the ensuing automatic counter attack that stems from it. Or barring that make sure that when I tell someone to mark that player he is marked.

Tone down the over the top CPU antics. Less bicycle kicks.

Drag back assigned to right stick down (relative to camera)

Some sort of scoop/lift move assigned to right stick forward (relative to camera)

Allow skill moves on the right stick to be fixed or relative

Loosen up offsides to the point where there might actually be a mistakenly missed call, also have the ref ignore offsides if facing the wrong direction

Improve deflection logic

All throw-ins real time. No more reset when the CPU holds the ball and forces it

Improved fatigue system

Speed Threshold slider

Ball to foot magnetism slider

Ball Friction Slider

Hum/CPU Def Aggressiveness slider

Goal Kick accuracy and length slider

Turkish League

Greek League

Allow the targeting circle that is in the skill games to be an option for gameplay FK's and PK's.

For free kicks bring back the strike indicator that was on like FIFA 04 or something. I know when I have taken free kicks I am fully aware of where I want to strike the ball and then that (coupled with how you move your leg and lock your ankle) does the curving.

For free kicks think about not shifting to the be a pro cam. Instead stay in the chosen camera mode and show a shaded targeting circle. If the player is terrible the circle would be very large where the ball might land. If terrific it would be very small.

Player flow arrows on the positioning screen so that you can organize the attack and defense better. For example curved and straight arrows showing intended player movement that would allow you to create a funnel system on attack or set up movement for a triangle offense (which the CPU can do adeptly this year on the higher difficulties but the USER can hammer LB all day long and not get the same type of runs executed.

Single offline Game matches in FUT

Backspin and topspin assigned more definitively to the left stick

Allow the ball to bounce less right to a player. Just tone down whatever it is that makes the ball more likely to go to a player than space.

Improve the highest man up the pitch pass logic. Right now if you are in control of the ball and the highest man up I am having a devil of a time playing a forward (towards the corner flag) lay off pass to an oncoming winger. The game seems to calculate that I want to pass it over the end line. This is on all pass modes. I can't seem to make this stop happening. Maybe it's me I don't know.

Last edited by BL8001; 10-15-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Fifa date wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Yes, absolutely. The more inventive way of addressing the problem would be with referees. Give us a range of expectations.

In FIFA '13, the commentators would often remark on how strict the referee was, based on reputation. Unfortunately, it made jack$hit of a difference in gameplay.
Editable Refs.

Also adding, let some of the terrific players have a higher likelihood of holding onto the ball. In the 14 demo Messi tore me up twice on some nice runs from about 30 out that I could not stop. In the full game he seems puzzlingly far less lethal.

More use of similar right stick skill moves that the human has by the CPU. Right now there are moves the user can do that the CPU can't and then there are WAY better moves the cpu does that the user can't. On the go drag back #1

Last edited by BL8001; 10-15-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
More fouls.

Please.
I believe you can already choose a referee type in CM. The type of referee (Strict/Average/Lenient) you select in Settings from the main menu will stick if I'm not mistaken. The names will still vary and be appropiate for each match. Try it out.

Last edited by Entiae; 10-16-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
Rookie

i'm not sure if there is something like this already in the game, maybe i have missed it or something. but add a "hustle" or "effort" attribute under the player's physical stats. its more of an intangible thing. such as the player with higher effort/hustle would be able to get back to defend a breakaway easier or would get to a loose ball quicker (assuming everything else such as strength, speed, etc are all equal). they might also mark tighter on defense and fight for position better if you aren't controlling that particular player. i suppose its related to work-rate in a sense.

an example would be:

Real Madrid vs. FL 2 'Generic Team'.

obviously RM are a significantly better team, as shown by attributes. however, the hustle/effort attribute isn't affected by speed (or any other attributes). The FL 2 players might not be as skilled or as fast, but they still might have the same amount of "fight" in them as the RM players.

Ronaldo might have, say, 70 "hustle". He only shows limited effort to try and win the ball back, fight for loose balls aggressively, etc. John Doe of FL 2 team might have 90 hustle. he works hard to win the ball, knowing he needs to do more work to get said ball.

sorry i was a bit winded on that. haha. just kind of got the idea and was eager to share. if anyone knows if this is already in the game, let me know haha. maybe i missed something. just thought this would be cool to add.

another thing that might be cool to add would be a "Prodigy" trait to academy players. perhaps they only come along MAYBE once a career mode. (maybe a 0.5%) of a 5*5* scout finding them. but instead of "has potential to be special" or whatever the other sayings are, it says "Prodigy" or "Legend in the Making". this player would be guaranteed to have a minimum 75+ rating upon a senior team contract signing and would have a 95+ potential. it might seem a bit overpowered, but as i said, its a once in a career mode find, if that even. perhaps its an even smaller chance of you finding that player (0.25%)

they already have the "scout future star" in the EASFC catalogue, but as far as i know, they only have up to 94 potential. i want to scout the next icon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »