Home

FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Worlds

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Worlds within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
There is a third option: plans to discontinue the PC version as they did with their football, golf and hockey franchises.
Don't even say that. Let's not even consider that as a possibility. If you don’t acknowledge it, it doesn’t exist right?
Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Foot slides have been eliminated and players will use true bio-mechanics to shift their weight from one leg to the other as they run.
Even if I didn't intend to get this game, I would still buy it IF ONLY to see if this is true.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Even if I didn't intend to get this game, I would still buy it IF ONLY to see if this is true.
This is already is true in PES 2014!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur
This is already is true in PES 2014!
PES has it's own set of problems this year.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Don't even say that. Let's not even consider that as a possibility. If you don’t acknowledge it, it doesn’t exist right?
It's a whole new corporate gaming world today and especially with this next generation, mark my words. Look at sports: it's no longer about sportsmanship, it's purely an entertainment business and it's all about $$$ now. Gaming is heading in the same direction. In the same way the NFL or EPL has a brand they fiercely protect and control for profit, EA is developing a similar mindset when it comes to their games. They're controlling and limiting how their games can be played and edited -- just look at Madden. Their game-development focus now is all about advertising and marketing their brand, and churning out DLC; all for profit in other words.

This new generation of consoles has been specifically designed and developed for businesses, corporations, and gaming and entertainment companies to do exactly that: to market their product in ways that maximize their profits. But they can't do that on the PC, not in the same way. And that's why in 3 years when EA stops making FIFA for the PS3 and Xbox 360, I'm guessing they'll pull the plug on the PC version completely.

Last edited by Yeats; 10-24-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #22
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Yeah speaking specifically about us not getting any deals on FIFA current gen trade in. I bought current gen thinking there was no way they would not extend the same deal Xbox users got, but obviously it looks like EA and Microsoft worked out a deal (I'm guessing some monetary coverage from Microsoft to reduce the goodwill cost) and Sony just wasn't willing to play ball.

Isn't a free version of Fifa 14 bundled in with all European XBone's? Maybe Sony was upset about the partnership between MS and EA so Sony refused to work with EA on USA upgrade options?
Old 10-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #23
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I like the missed shot reaction bullet point. I would like to see the players on the pitch have some emotion on next gen. In current gen FIFA, when not in a cutscene, it seems like the players are all robots, they generally behave the same way whether it's the first minute or the 90th. I'd like to see players react negatively when they're pressing for a goal late in the game, down a goal, and a player takes a bad shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavs25
See it works.
Those EA buzzwords.
LIVING WORLDS, PRECISION MOVEMENT!
As opposed to what?
Dead worlds and imprecise movement?
I don't understand why people get bent out of shape about this. They have to call it something... Would you rather they just explained everything without giving names to the features they worked on?

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »