Home

Does anyone actually enjoy playing online seasons?

This is a discussion on Does anyone actually enjoy playing online seasons? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #17

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Does anyone actually enjoy playing online seasons?

I feel like playing playing online, and even playing single player UT, makes you play the game cheaply and totally unrealistically. It isn't fun to me at all. I got hooked on UT for a while, but to me it's way more fun to sweat out 16-20 minute, possession style matches vs the CPU.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I loved online seasons in FIFA 13, made it to Div. 3 on PS3. I got FIFA 14 on Black Friday and apparently aren't adjusting well, I have been massacred my first few games. Just seems like the players are stuck in mud and are incapable of cleanly receiving a pass.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

****, i played my first five games in division 6 with a 4w-1d-0l record. just needed one more win in five games to be promoted, and i managed to lose all five. dafuq!!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #20
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

I love the seasons mode over the previous random games you'd play online. It gives you something to work towards, matches peoples basic skill level well, and encourages people to not quit. It's not perfect, and I get sick of playing against Real Madrid, but overall I think it's well done. Glad to see it seems to get spreading out around all the EA games.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
****, i played my first five games in division 6 with a 4w-1d-0l record. just needed one more win in five games to be promoted, and i managed to lose all five. dafuq!!
second try on div 6: three consecutive draws, and then six consecutive wins!

@fetter: the best way to avoid the real madrid crew is not playing with five-star teams yourself. i play with atletico mineiro (4-star) and get a great variety of opponents. also, the games feel a bit less frantic, i like the tempo way more with average-ish teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #22
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
@fetter: the best way to avoid the real madrid crew is not playing with five-star teams yourself. i play with atletico mineiro (4-star) and get a great variety of opponents. also, the games feel a bit less frantic, i like the tempo way more with average-ish teams.
I may give it a try, I had tried with a couple MLS teams and got some other low star teams. However one time playing as the US National team I got matched up with Barcelona, decided I didn't wanna keep fighting that kind of up hill battle.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #23
Banned

i was matched once against uruguay, once against atletico madrid and thrice against milan, but this was in 65 games. all the other times i was always playing against 4-star or less. but idk, perhaps this is because i'm mostly matched against south americans (i'm brazilian) and there's no local clubs stronger than 4 stars.

Last edited by Gonira; 12-03-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #24
Banned

btw, i made it to the division 4 thus far, with a 32W-19D-14L overall record. guess i'm doing well.

i'm liking because beating people is much more rewarding than beating the cpu, but the gameplay is ****. the problem is those damn lobbed passes. they're so effective that there's no much reason to try to build it up on the ground. it's much easier to just wait until someone starts a good run and then hoof it up. i confess i'm finding myself abusing a bit of this too - i want to win, what can i do?

gameplay in the career mode with my sliders is infinitely better imo. that's a shame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »