Home

Hard Cuts / Dribbling vs. Press

This is a discussion on Hard Cuts / Dribbling vs. Press within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hard Cuts / Dribbling vs. Press

I use the L1 hard stop then L2+R2 to move sideways, then R2 the sprint all in one fluid motion. It works now and then.

Or I will get toe poked.

FWIW, I find that Matt's sliders allow more dribbling. I can use Robben or Ribery more like they play in real life, since sprint speed seems to be truer to their actual ratings.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

I've said this in at least 3 different places on the forum but the Body Feint is probably the single most effective skill move in the game and all it requires is a flick of RT, followed by a flick of LT the opposite direction. It's best used when moving at an angle to the goal with the defender slightly ahead of you. It's a quick change of direction that will allow you to cut hard behind the defender. Even with the AI flouting the laws of physics he won't be able to recover from it too quickly. I use it all of the time to set up my shots with great success.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I know fake shot / pass is a commonly used tactic in real life, but I hate the mechanic in the game. You have to HOLD down the shoot or pass button, then hit another button to effectively cancel it? Half the time, I don't fake shoot and instead my player just kicks the $%#@ out of the football at full power.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

I used to have the same @#$%! problem with the fake shot.
I find that quickly swiping your thumb over x and then o works better.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi, personally I use L1/LB to quickly turn the ball away from the defender. It takes a little bit of practice but its a good way to dodge those mad bullrushers.
If you're planning to do it on the run, the new way is to let go of RT/R2 when you're sprinting, then hold RT/R2 and push ur player in the direction you want (depends very much on ur player's dribble rating)

Just remember, the good thing about this game is that you can't do everything at sprint speed anymore. Make sure to keep an eye out on the space you have while deciding which move to use and which direction to go. Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »