Home

Fixing moronic enemy AI?

This is a discussion on Fixing moronic enemy AI? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fixing moronic enemy AI?

It's so easy to nick the ball off defenders or even the goalkeeper and score an easy goal. They wait forever to pass the ball when in their first third, and you can just run up to them and steal the ball. This happens a few times every game and I actually have to stop myself from doing it just because it's so cheap. Is there any way to fix this so that the opponents pass the ball when you're pressing them, or is the AI irreparably stupid?

BQ: Is there any way to change the song at the beginning of league matches from Club Foot to something else?

Last edited by Vermilion; 01-01-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Re: Fixing moronic enemy AI?

Ever heard of Sliders? Go to the Slider forums and try Goniras
Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #3

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I doubt any of the sliders would address something this specific. It is a problem, but considering how hard defending was in previous years I'm okay with getting some cheap goals.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Ever heard of Sliders? Go to the Slider forums and try Goniras
I'm not sure if this post was supposed to be condescending or not. Anyway, sliders don't really help for this as dubcity said. I would guess that it would be something to do with custom tactics, but I'm not sure which tactic specifically would change this.

And anyone able to answer the other question?
Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion
I'm not sure if this post was supposed to be condescending or not. Anyway, sliders don't really help for this as dubcity said. I would guess that it would be something to do with custom tactics, but I'm not sure which tactic specifically would change this.

look, you asked, I answered... I use to have the same problem. Where all teams suck, and the Real Madrids of the world were just ok, no real challenge... You clearly are not playing on Legendary w/ Custom sliders so for you to tell me what Im saying is not right, how would you know? awwww ok

If you want a challenge, if you want to see Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Man City etc play like they do in real life, if you can take a loss without it hurting your ego.... Then like I said, go try Gonira Sliders. They are the best for PS3/360, Orion told me, who made the other sliders which are popular.

good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:

And how is that condescending? Do i know you? do i know if you know what sliders are? No. thats what sliders are for, to level the Player vs CPU playing field.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Is there any way to fix this so that the opponents pass the ball when you're pressing them, or is the AI irreparably stupid?
There is a new team dribbling rating this year inside the database files, and it can't be edited unless you have the PC version. I lowered it down to 10 for most teams and it helped immensely as the CPU no longer stands around with the ball dribbling for no reason and turning around in circles and such... the biggest reason it's so easy to strip the ball away this year. But in the larger scope of things, it does appear to be a case of very poor CPU ball control programming that can't really be fixed. Several aspects of the game were messed up this year when they added the new player momentum programming unfortunately.

Last edited by Yeats; 01-03-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks Yeats. Good to know, although I guess I'll just have to have some self control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
look, you asked, I answered... I use to have the same problem. Where all teams suck, and the Real Madrids of the world were just ok, no real challenge... You clearly are not playing on Legendary w/ Custom sliders so for you to tell me what Im saying is not right, how would you know? awwww ok

If you want a challenge, if you want to see Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Man City etc play like they do in real life, if you can take a loss without it hurting your ego.... Then like I said, go try Gonira Sliders. They are the best for PS3/360, Orion told me, who made the other sliders which are popular.

good luck.
Chill out. It was a joke. I was just unsure because you said "Ever heard of sliders?" and I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a rhetorical question. I do play on legendary and use sliders. This probably isn't a slider related problem considering none of the sliders affects the AI's tendency to pass balls out from the back AFAIK.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »