Home

Board Expectations

This is a discussion on Board Expectations within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 01:12 AM   #9
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Board Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
After switching out two players from the starting eleven with reserve players, I was able to get it to work for Newcastle.

My main question is how strict are people noticing the boards to be this year? If you don't hit your goal, are you fired? Midseason? Anyone have any experience with not being able to keep the job?
I started with Everton this year. I don't remember the goal, I think it was qualify for CL. A little past half season, I was sitting mid table. Things weren't going well, loss after loss. I got fired. First time ever in FIFA Of the jobs available I took Cardiff to avoid relegation. They were right there in relegation zone, no surprise. I wasn't able to keep them in the premiership. They kept me. Next year goal was to get back in. I lost in playoffs and didn't make it. They still kept me.

I've had enough lower league action (especially with the longer season and 15 min halves). No jobs available, so I started a new CM with Newcastle. Goal was CL again. Finished 5th and went Europa. They kept me.

This season it's win Europa, go to CL. I doubt I will win Europa but potentially will make a good run. League is tight race. Top 8 within 7-8 points or something. One game ago I was sitting at 5th spot with 3 points below first and 3 above 9th (kinda crazy to me, and really fun). I don't remember how it was looking after my last game.

But I think they're somewhat flexible if you don't meet the goal. I think it's more important to stay out of losing streaks and look bad for a long period of time. And finish somewhat close to the goals. Afterall 10 or so clubs start the season dreaming about CL and only 4 make it. Not all 6 remainders fire their coaches (although this year it's been a little crazy in BPL in real life).

It's interesting to trick the board with the above mentioned method. I like the goals, and they're not unrealistic with the teams I've played with. But I can see some people (something was mentioned above in the lines of this) not wanting to worry about the managerial aspect of CM and play the game. For that I actually have a good suggestion that I've done in the past. I start a player career, set my camera to regular (not be a pro). At the beginning of the game I pick to control the whole team rather than just myself. So you actually have a manager taking care of stuff you don't have to worry about. You're role playing your be a pro but control the whole team in the meantime. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #10
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

This was very clutch for me so thanks. I'm into my third season with Arsenal having swapped their roster with Rangers and moving them to League 2. I'm now in the Championship and I don't want to get promoted so I can build my youth so mid-table finish as a goal is perfect.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
The earlier post from Entaie definitely works. I went too far and made my starting XI too dumpy and I got the "avoid relegation" goal. It might take some trials to find the right mix that gives the "reach mid-table" goal.

A side-effect that I noticed ... my default scouts in the GTN are now fewer and worse. When I was feeling out career mode using the "regular" Swansea starting XI - I began with three scouts, and the were 3* judgement scouts. But now, with my much worse starting XI, this time I am only seeing two scouts, and they are both 1* judgement scouts.

So - do we think that the default scouts are a function of your league objective (which, in turn, is a function of the strength of your starting XI)?

Interesting?
Have we decided/confirmed if the default scouting network is a function of your "perceived" team abilities / board expectations? I feel like it is probably still worth it, even if it means that I begin with less fancy scouts, to establish board expectations that are more reasonable for my team. It seems like the "finish mid-table" expectation is the one that allows for the most wiggle-room with not getting fired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

A question about being fired for those who have had the pleasure. So I am in year 4 of my career with Mansfield Town (FL 2). I have just received promotion to the championship league and have a goal of round of 32 & avoid relegation. I also just won manager of the year after winning FL 1 on the last game of the season last year. Prior to this I've never had any issues with the board.

This year I have been hovering mid table and am currently 12th. After almost every loss I get an email from the board saying either "you are losing supporters but we still back you" or "change stuff up so you don't lose important games". At first I didn't think too much about it but now that I am getting these after almost every loss I am starting to worry that if I lose a few in a row they'll fire me and i'll be forced to start over.

So - should I worry?

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0

I have a big Problem with short term loans that might be due to having a 'strict' board that I hope someone can help me with (it seems like a big though):

I'm playing with Accrington now in the 3rd season in league 1 after promotion, and loaned two players under short term loan agreements as a short-term use of wages while I wait for my youth staff to find quality youths to invest in. However, when both loans expired in Nov/dec after 3months I did not get the wages back to reinvest in January and in youth players. As such I've seemingly lost £6,000 in weekly wages, which is huge when you consider most my players are earning £750/w and my squad size is just 20 (I think that's the minimum allowed?).

I'm playing with a strict boardroom (so get 65% value of players I sell to reinvest), but would still expect to receive wages back when loans expire...

I'm hugely skeptical of making anymore loan signings from now on which is a massive shame due to the benefits it brings, so any advice or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »