Home

Any help with Global Transfer Network?

This is a discussion on Any help with Global Transfer Network? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #17
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any help with Global Transfer Network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
OK - great - this is helpful advice.

So ... any thoughts on the "right" number of GTN scouts / the "right" star-level of GTN scouts? I am running two careers ... my Serie B career has less prestige than my EPL career ... I understand that my GTN demands should vary based on which career.
Very much so. In lower leagues I try to keep at most 3, and I only hire scouts that are at least 3/3, any less to me are almost useless because it just takes so long to scout anyone. I only use the lower scouts when I'm hurting for money. Also I find it best to have one scout that doesn't go anywhere, he can scout players of your choosing from any country, he just won't find them for you. I use this "extra" scout to get reports on free agents and potential regens or other random players.

Biggest tip I can give is to send a scout to either Brazil or Argentina those two leagues have lots of young talent that you can get a bit cheaper. Also they seem to always let good players get to the last year of their deal so you can get good solid players on pre-contracts pretty often.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
Very much so. In lower leagues I try to keep at most 3, and I only hire scouts that are at least 3/3, any less to me are almost useless because it just takes so long to scout anyone. I only use the lower scouts when I'm hurting for money. Also I find it best to have one scout that doesn't go anywhere, he can scout players of your choosing from any country, he just won't find them for you. I use this "extra" scout to get reports on free agents and potential regens or other random players.
Hurting for money? How does it cost money to use your GTN scouts? I know how I have to spend money for my youth academy scouts ... but I have not seen how my GTN scouts cost money (other than hiring them in the first place).

I like the suggestion to not send all of my scouts to certain countries ... and to hold back one or two for scouting specific players. My other scouts have to find the player first? How do I use these "not in a country" scouts?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #19
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Hurting for money? How does it cost money to use your GTN scouts? I know how I have to spend money for my youth academy scouts ... but I have not seen how my GTN scouts cost money (other than hiring them in the first place).

I like the suggestion to not send all of my scouts to certain countries ... and to hold back one or two for scouting specific players. My other scouts have to find the player first? How do I use these "not in a country" scouts?
Well if you have a scout set up in England and he can't find Luke Shaw but you know you want him then search for him and your "england" scout will still be the one to scout him.

I meant in hiring them, sending them out costs nothing. The 3/3 scouts are about 1.5 USD.

Using the extra scout is pretty easy, when you see a player you want to scout but isn't in a country your scouting, you simple click on him and press "ask (insert scout name) to scout this player." After clicking that button he will appear in that scouts "known players" or something like that. Now an important note, when you want to look at the reports, you go to the scout and hit Y/triangle which is the "manage scout" button and then click on "see reports." If you hit X/A then it will just take you to the page to send him to a country.

Hope I explained that well and not confusingly haha

Old 01-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #20
Pro

I cannot just ignore this GTN thing ... because players on my current roster will eventually leave or retire ... and this is the only way that I can find new players to replace them - right? (And also via the youth academy - which I understand better because it is like FIFA13 - but those are young and developing players.)

So do I need to be constantly sending out GTN scouts, finding players and getting more information, using the "Search Player" section, etc.? The back-and-forth with a club about transfer fee, and the back-and-forth with a player about wages can only happen during the transfer windows - right? But I should be spending my Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec gathering data and compiling a list of target players to go after during January ... and again with gathering data in Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Jun to be ready for July/August?

I used to keep track of the players that I was interested in using a spreadsheet ... but now it seems that I have different (less) data available ... and I have not yet determined the "best" way to be organized about my transfer targets in FIFA14.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #21
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

You can find some good players in the "Search Player" area.

Focus on a specific position...say RM...and then check Free Agents, Loaned Players and transfer listed players.

A majority of the players available for loan are young 17-22. In most cases you can buy these players instead of just loaning them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #22
Pro

doyce7's Arena

One thing you can do is loan possibly targets, then you can see their stats and actual worth. At the end of the season if you like them you can buy them. I've had success doing shorn loans in the summer and they leave in Oct or Nov, then I may buy them in Jan.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
I cannot just ignore this GTN thing ... because players on my current roster will eventually leave or retire ... and this is the only way that I can find new players to replace them - right? (And also via the youth academy - which I understand better because it is like FIFA13 - but those are young and developing players.)

if i'm not mistaken, when a player reaches 85 overall, you seem to be able to view their stats without scouting them. which makes sense as you don't have to go watch Ronaldo play to know how good he is. i ended up signing Anthony Martial (ovr 85) in one of my career modes after 4-5 years. and i didn't ahve to scout him. i looked to see who he was linked to in the transfer window, then viewed the player and could see everything. eventually swooped in and stole the bid.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #24
Pro

Hello - I am trying to reboot this thread.

I am now in December in each of my two career modes, and the January transfer window is fast approaching. I had turned off the transfers at the beginning of the season - so this will be my first active transfer window. I am looking for any advice about how to best go about the process.

I have, during Sept/Oct/Nov, been doing some GTN scouting. My scouts are not that plentiful or starred (I have two 1*/1* scouts for my SerieB career and I have a 3*/2* and a 1*/1* scout for my EPL career). I have set instructions for positions where I need some depth (mostly LB/RB and LM/LW/RM/RW). My scouts have reported back on a bunch of players - and I have (somewhat randomly) done some "deeper" scouting on a handful of those original finds.

So ... what do I do now?

With the older method (in which you were given a lot more information) I had a spreadsheet put together with my targets - and their OVR, what position(s) they play, their value, their wages, their age, etc. I have not really done anything like that for this year - because I am not sure what information will be important for the next step.

Also - I have not "inquired" about any of the players that I have found.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »