Home

Any help with Global Transfer Network?

This is a discussion on Any help with Global Transfer Network? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Unhappy Re: Any help with Global Transfer Network?

HELP!

I downloaded FIFA14 yesterday from a torrent, playing it offline. I wanted to ask how can i update my squads?
or how can i add updated squads to my game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #26
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Re: Any help with Global Transfer Network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Hello - I am trying to reboot this thread.

I am now in December in each of my two career modes, and the January transfer window is fast approaching. I had turned off the transfers at the beginning of the season - so this will be my first active transfer window. I am looking for any advice about how to best go about the process.

I have, during Sept/Oct/Nov, been doing some GTN scouting. My scouts are not that plentiful or starred (I have two 1*/1* scouts for my SerieB career and I have a 3*/2* and a 1*/1* scout for my EPL career). I have set instructions for positions where I need some depth (mostly LB/RB and LM/LW/RM/RW). My scouts have reported back on a bunch of players - and I have (somewhat randomly) done some "deeper" scouting on a handful of those original finds.

So ... what do I do now?

With the older method (in which you were given a lot more information) I had a spreadsheet put together with my targets - and their OVR, what position(s) they play, their value, their wages, their age, etc. I have not really done anything like that for this year - because I am not sure what information will be important for the next step.

Also - I have not "inquired" about any of the players that I have found.
If the players have been scouted then you should have a general idea of how good they are. Your spreadsheet thing will still work. The reports disappear after a few months and you then have to "rescout" players. Your spreadsheet takes away from having to do that. I'd also put the value in that spreadsheet tho.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #27
Rookie

It would be great if you could limit the players found by attributes and not just find every Brazilian under 25 but the good ones or make the potential more reliable
Old 02-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think area scouting is a waste of time.

I scout by searching for players manually, sorting by major leagues, player ages, and nationalities. When I find players I'm interested in, usually because of their weak foot, skill moves or physical size, I assign a scout to them. I found this to be a much more effective way to scout players and avoid sifting through all the crap players that low star scouts bring back on their own.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #29
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Any help with Global Transfer Network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Blunted
I think area scouting is a waste of time.

I scout by searching for players manually, sorting by major leagues, player ages, and nationalities. When I find players I'm interested in, usually because of their weak foot, skill moves or physical size, I assign a scout to them. I found this to be a much more effective way to scout players and avoid sifting through all the crap players that low star scouts bring back on their own.

Nevermind, found it.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 02-25-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #30
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I was very much on board with the premise of GTN at first, and while I still prefer something like it to omniscient knowledge of all players and their abilities, it requires fine-tuning for next year.

With area scouting, I tend to get the extreme ends of results depending on how specific my instructions are. Looking for a position and one or two qualities might give me 20 results, but attempting to weed out some of junk with a more specific search often yields no results. In my Genoa CM, I sent a 4/3* scout with CB/Tall/Strong/Promising instructions to Italy, Switzerland, France, and Belgium with only one player in return. It didn't seem like an unreasonable or overly restrictive search to yield such limited results.

Maybe it would improve things if it was a "fuzzier" search when multiple criteria are selected. I assume there's a numerical cutoff for each ability (eg, STR > 80 for "Strong") which is OK when looking for a player with a specific skill. But as we add more filters, it becomes less likely players will check all the boxes, so some leeway could be given to ensure it remains useful. Maybe with three or more criteria results will include someone with 2/3, 3/4, or within a few (unseen) rating points of the requirements in multiple categories.

Anywho, I started using it more to scout individual players like Get Blunted mentioned above. I like that aspect; it should require focused scouting to get a read on a player of interest, particularly if they're in a different league. I even used sofifa to get some leads, but tried to use it as blindly as possible. I wrote down name, positon, current club, and a handful of strengths that caused me to be interested in the player. No overall, potential, or numbered ratings. For instance:

Quote:
Gaston Ramirez - CAM - Southampton - BALL, DRIB, SHOT, CRV, FK, ACC, AGL
is an example of what a player might look like in my notes. With about 25 players, there's no way I can remember specifics, so I'll need to scout them in game, but at least I know where to start.

Last edited by Qb; 02-25-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #31
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I really hope they implement auto scouting or the ability to see the players overall from the get go. I really hate scouting hundreds of players throughout my season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #32
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I really hope they implement auto scouting or the ability to see the players overall from the get go. I really hate scouting hundreds of players throughout my season.
I know, right now it's such a time-consuming feature with little payoff; putting faith in your scouts is a pretty high risk, low reward game. I've had way too many players found by scouts to be no where worthy of making my squad.

My preference would be for scouts to provide OVRs and Potentials from the get-go, but rather than a fixed number, give an estimate range. The lower-rated the scout, the bigger the range.

I'm also not a fan of managing scouts country by country.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »