Home

FIFA 13 - Manager Mode - Progression?

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Manager Mode - Progression? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4
FIFA 13 - Manager Mode - Progression?

Ok, here's the deal - going into my 3rd season as manager of Sporting KC (MLS). Finished 3rd in the East in my first year, lost to Houston in Playoffs, finished 2nd in the East last year and defeated Seattle in the MLS Cup final. I haven't fared too well in the US Open Cup, but I've made some nifty transfer moves and now my roster is stocked with guys under 28 and my starting 11 is all rated over 73. My Youth Squad is loaded and my reserves/subs are all 16-30, rated between 55 and 71.

I've turned down the following International Offers:
New Zealand
South Africa
Bulgaria
(I'm thrilled to be getting international offers, but I'm waiting for the next level up from these teams i.e. US, Mexico, Switzerland)

I've applied for the following club openings:
RSC Anderlicht (2x)
FC Twente (2x)
Sporting CP
Birmingham City

I really thought I had a chance to move to Birmingham City, but they shot me down.

My question is, how long until I can move on? Where in the grand scheme of the FIFA World would you rank the MLS as a league?

I would think that MLS, K-League, Australia are the "bottom" of the league scale, of course Barclays, La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A are the top with all the others falling in between.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 13 - Manager Mode - Progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24
Ok, here's the deal - going into my 3rd season as manager of Sporting KC (MLS). Finished 3rd in the East in my first year, lost to Houston in Playoffs, finished 2nd in the East last year and defeated Seattle in the MLS Cup final. I haven't fared too well in the US Open Cup, but I've made some nifty transfer moves and now my roster is stocked with guys under 28 and my starting 11 is all rated over 73. My Youth Squad is loaded and my reserves/subs are all 16-30, rated between 55 and 71.

I've turned down the following International Offers:
New Zealand
South Africa
Bulgaria
(I'm thrilled to be getting international offers, but I'm waiting for the next level up from these teams i.e. US, Mexico, Switzerland)

I've applied for the following club openings:
RSC Anderlicht (2x)
FC Twente (2x)
Sporting CP
Birmingham City

I really thought I had a chance to move to Birmingham City, but they shot me down.

My question is, how long until I can move on? Where in the grand scheme of the FIFA World would you rank the MLS as a league?

I would think that MLS, K-League, Australia are the "bottom" of the league scale, of course Barclays, La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A are the top with all the others falling in between.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Next time you apply for a job, save after appling and see if you get it, if you don't, try reloading it a few times. Might make a difference. I remember in FIFA 13 I left the Houston Dynamo after about 5 years(won the league 3 years in a row) and went to Russia with CSKA, but they offered me the job, I didn't apply for it.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
Next time you apply for a job, save after appling and see if you get it, if you don't, try reloading it a few times. Might make a difference. I remember in FIFA 13 I left the Houston Dynamo after about 5 years(won the league 3 years in a row) and went to Russia with CSKA, but they offered me the job, I didn't apply for it.
That might be the key, no one has offered me a club manager spot up to this point. Perhaps patience will be its own reward. Truth be told I am having a lot of fun with Sporting KC and have a nice group of players that I am looking forward to playing with. That being said if 5 or 6 years down the road a marquee team offers me a job, I'll be moving on! Thanks for the response!
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Old 01-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

I started with an MLS team in my first career mode...went 4 years i think. Never got any of the international offers you brought up and never got another job offered to me.

Doing some research i've heard the international offers depend on your club team's prestige. I guess that may have to do with how many * your team is rated but i'm not sure.

Ended up taking a job at Chesterfield for a few years and did well (still never got good international offers)...but did finally get an offer to coach PSV. At that point i had learned a bunch and wanted to start a new career.

Started with Sunderland in BPL. One of the first international offers I got was USA and i took it. That may be the lvl club you need to get that offer.

IMO it is really hard to switch teams after a few years. So much investment goes into getting team, scouts and young players together you like.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
I started with an MLS team in my first career mode...went 4 years i think. Never got any of the international offers you brought up and never got another job offered to me.

Doing some research i've heard the international offers depend on your club team's prestige. I guess that may have to do with how many * your team is rated but i'm not sure.

Ended up taking a job at Chesterfield for a few years and did well (still never got good international offers)...but did finally get an offer to coach PSV. At that point i had learned a bunch and wanted to start a new career.

Started with Sunderland in BPL. One of the first international offers I got was USA and i took it. That may be the lvl club you need to get that offer.

IMO it is really hard to switch teams after a few years. So much investment goes into getting team, scouts and young players together you like.
I will agree with you that it will be hard to leave some of these players. I have a 16 year old that I signed out of Ireland, he's my 2nd sub in (RW/ST) in most games. He's a 68 already at 16, his potential when I signed him was 94! I don't imagine I'll be able to sign him to an extension once his ratings go up, but it will be fun to watch him grow.

I've got Sporting KC up to 3 1/2 stars, which is pretty good considering I started with almost no transfer budget. However, twice now the 'Board' has surprised me with signings during the summer transfer window, they got me Kleber (22 yr old Striker from Brazil) and this past season they signed Varga, a midfielder, who is 75 rated and only 25, so that helps!

If I ever get bored with KC and want to move on and no one offers me a job, I would probably try for another MLS team, but my list would only include Seattle and New York, maybe Vancouver or Portland.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #6
Pro

doyce7's Arena

I like buying a few of my favorite players from old club when I go to a new one

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Pro

doyce7's Arena

One player in particular, a youth guy from the US name Cameron Howieson who played CM and was a beast. I signed him in the second Houston season and brought him over to Russia. Then after 4 years in Russia I moved again, this time I went Italy with Roma and bought Howieson again. Best youth guy I've ever gotten. Came in at 71, when I signed him in Russia he had gone up to 84 and went over 90 while I was at Roma. He was a beast. I managed the US as well and he helped me lead my teams to 3 Champions League Finals(lost with CSKA and lost/won with Roma) as well as 8 league titles(3 MLS, 2 Russian, and 3 Serie A) and 6(I think) league Cups overall. Even had a few deep runs in the World Cup but, sadly couldn't win it(Quarter Finals in 2018 and Finals in 2022).

Oh man, the memories... 14 seasons and Howieson was with me for 13 of them.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #8
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24
I will agree with you that it will be hard to leave some of these players. I have a 16 year old that I signed out of Ireland, he's my 2nd sub in (RW/ST) in most games. He's a 68 already at 16, his potential when I signed him was 94! I don't imagine I'll be able to sign him to an extension once his ratings go up, but it will be fun to watch him grow.

I've got Sporting KC up to 3 1/2 stars, which is pretty good considering I started with almost no transfer budget. However, twice now the 'Board' has surprised me with signings during the summer transfer window, they got me Kleber (22 yr old Striker from Brazil) and this past season they signed Varga, a midfielder, who is 75 rated and only 25, so that helps!

If I ever get bored with KC and want to move on and no one offers me a job, I would probably try for another MLS team, but my list would only include Seattle and New York, maybe Vancouver or Portland.
I recommend moving on to be honest...only because the MLS doesn't offer as much variety.

As I said I started in the MLS and once i got over to England I will never go back. Basically...switch sooner then later and try to get into the English leagues in one of the lower divisions. There are tournaments, a chance to move up to a better league against better teams..etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »