Home

Every time I try to shoot ...

This is a discussion on Every time I try to shoot ... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Every time I try to shoot ...

Are my players suddenly WAY more vulnerable to tackles *right* when I attempt to shoot? This is very frustrating. I am able to maintain possession for a good stretch, I work into a shooting position, and then (as soon as I press [A] to begin my shot) ... bang ... the CPU tackles the ball off my player.

Grrr!!!

I am also seeing a lot of blocked shots as well. When I am able to get off a (rushed) shot - the CPU defenders get a leg on it or a body in front of it. This means that a low percentage of my "shot attempts" (proper or otherwise) actually make it to the goalkeeper.

Is there anything that I should be doing differently if this is what I am seeing?

Should I try my shots sooner?

Rushed (off-balance) shots are not as accurate - right?

The shot does not actually take effect until I release the [A] button - right?

And when does the L-Stick control switch from "moving my player" to "aiming my shot"?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Every time I try to shoot ...

Well that seems a bit harsh. Yes there is a good chance he isn't great at the game or maybe he is new to it. I read this more as a question then a complaint.

I had trouble with this a lot early too. There is a delay before your shot gets off and the defender uses that time to make a tackle or get in the way of your shot.

For as grumpy as the last poster was...he is right...in soccer you do need time and space to get a good shot off and I think this game represents that pretty well. As a video game player, it just takes time playing to get a grasp at how much room you need and if you have a good chance at a clear path to the net.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Bra, its just common sense.... I see it as a complaint, because CLEARLY if you have ever PLAYED or WATCHED, you would know that when someone goes for that shot, thats the defenders what half second to try and catch up and make a play?

He ask questions, after he complained about "soccer being soccer", do we really need another thread dedicated to this, there is PLENTY of threads about how hard it is to score goals, blah blah, OS even had an article about Fifa for noobs.

Final note, its hard to score goals in real life.
Yes, you are right - but your delivery is wrong.

While true the game is difficult, as is scoring goals, the point being - at what point is it not realistic. Defenders catching up so easily is too consistent on default sliders; that's not realistic.

The shooting delay can be remedied by just increasing the Power Bar slider for the user, so there is less of a delay - but probably less control as well.

The approach is not to "get better", it is to "Find/recommend a solution". That's how this forum works - that's how the simulation gamer mentality works.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

This seems to have gotten a little out of hand ...

I am an experienced FIFA player (playing since FIFA06, all-manual since FIFA09, I finished a complete EPL season unbeaten with Swansea City at World Class in FIFA13) - I admit that my button-mashing is probably not on-par with FIFA Ultimate Team players (I only play career mode) - but I am not a "noob" for sure. And yes - I would consider myself a "simulation" gamer.

I was just looking for any suggestions about how to get better in this aspect of my game (particularly for FIFA14) because it is giving me a lot of trouble so far. I really like the OS community for advice.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
This seems to have gotten a little out of hand ...

I am an experienced FIFA player (playing since FIFA06, all-manual since FIFA09, I finished a complete EPL season unbeaten with Swansea City at World Class in FIFA13) - I admit that my button-mashing is probably not on-par with FIFA Ultimate Team players (I only play career mode) - but I am not a "noob" for sure. And yes - I would consider myself a "simulation" gamer.

I was just looking for any suggestions about how to get better in this aspect of my game (particularly for FIFA14) because it is giving me a lot of trouble so far. I really like the OS community for advice.
Try increasing the Power Bar slider for the user. See if you get more shots off. The defenders will still be there depending on other settings though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »