Home

2 goals from 23 shots on target?

This is a discussion on 2 goals from 23 shots on target? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 2 goals from 23 shots on target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
sometimes the game literally gifts me goals. it decides i'm playing well and deserve a goal. other times if i or the cpu score an 'undeserved' goal, the game will try to gift away the equalizer.
When you examine the PC database, you see there are 5 levels of CPU situational programming (0-4). The intensity and intelligence of the CPU is dictated by time, score and game importance. I call level 0 "pylon mode." The CPU will stand around, or run away, or kick the ball OB... heck they'll even pass you the ball if you're so useless at FIFA that you can't get your own shot on goal.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you're finishing a match with 20+ shots, on target or not, and you're not scoring much, then it means you're not being selective enough with your shots. Make that extra pass, play the ball around a little more, etc.

On the other hand, sometimes the CPU keepers will have insane performances, so you have to decide whether it was a one-off or if it's a problem with how you're playing.

IMO keepers are a little too perfect in this game, so adjusting sliders couldn't hurt. In fact I know some people think keepers are the most realistic when their error slider is about 20.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #19
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Taking the extra pass can be really effective, but don't get bogged down with PGS (Perfect Goal a Syndrome).

I run into so many players who spend their entire life feinting and shifting. Even worse, I catch myself doing it sometimes.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 01-31-2014, 06:32 PM   #20
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
Taking the extra pass can be really effective, but don't get bogged down with PGS (Perfect Goal a Syndrome).

I run into so many players who spend their entire life feinting and shifting. Even worse, I catch myself doing it sometimes.
this is absolutely true but with a post about having 23 shots on target, being overly conservative with shot selection isn't likely to be the issue.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

Just an update on how terrible I am at scoring goals ...

I am now 17 games in the Premier League season ... I have scored a total of 11 goals ... that is the fewest goals for any team in the league. Wowzers. My defense is pretty good (I have only conceded 15 goals) - so I lead the league in draws. My record is 3-9-5 ... 18 points from 17 games still has me in 13th place.

But, still, only 11 goals?!? I am really, really struggling with this. It is very frustrating. It is a mix of all sorts of CPU chicanery ... the CPU goalkeeper often finishes each match with 10+ saves, the CPU is able to tackle the ball with alarming accuracy as soon as I enter the attacking third of the pitch, the CPU defenders are able to know *exactly* when to instantly change direction in time to block many of my shots. I have tried to lightly tap the shoot button so as to have low shots along the ground - I have tried to fill the power bar so as to have powerful shots - I have tried to incorporate finesse shots into the mix ... nothing has worked for me (remember ... I have only 11 goals in 17 games ... and I play 15 minutes per half ... that is A LOT of bagels!).

I have GK Ability for both HUM and CPU set to 47 (Gonira's sliders).

Grasping at straws here ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Just an update on how terrible I am at scoring goals ...

I am now 17 games in the Premier League season ... I have scored a total of 11 goals ... that is the fewest goals for any team in the league. Wowzers. My defense is pretty good (I have only conceded 15 goals) - so I lead the league in draws. My record is 3-9-5 ... 18 points from 17 games still has me in 13th place.

But, still, only 11 goals?!? I am really, really struggling with this. It is very frustrating. It is a mix of all sorts of CPU chicanery ... the CPU goalkeeper often finishes each match with 10+ saves, the CPU is able to tackle the ball with alarming accuracy as soon as I enter the attacking third of the pitch, the CPU defenders are able to know *exactly* when to instantly change direction in time to block many of my shots. I have tried to lightly tap the shoot button so as to have low shots along the ground - I have tried to fill the power bar so as to have powerful shots - I have tried to incorporate finesse shots into the mix ... nothing has worked for me (remember ... I have only 11 goals in 17 games ... and I play 15 minutes per half ... that is A LOT of bagels!).

I still have issues of when, where, and how to aim. How and when are you aiming?

My understanding is any stickmovement before shot button press is player movement as is technically hurting the stability of your shot depending on the type of shot. This is where it gets squirrelly. Stick movement work during button press is shot direction. Stick movement after shot button push is spin/curve. The squirrelly part is that my shot button press is so short I am not sure how that could be the only aim portion.

My % of goals on goal going in is going up and.mainly because I am forcing myself to get better at higher shots. Before, 100% of my shots had to be on the ground because anything else was in the stands high. Main problem on that now is I am not completely sure what I have changed besides feel.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH

Instead of straws, try grasping the CPU GK Ability slider and lower it to 30, or 20, or 10 as was suggested several posts ago. You've very familiar with the game and game options obviously and I find it hard to fathom why you haven't tried that already. 3 clicks lower (47 instead of 50) basically has no effect on GK ability and you need to lower that slider by at least 10 to start seeing a difference.

Last edited by Yeats; 02-06-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play this game almost exclusively for Career, on the default difficulty and settings. It took me so...many...effing games before I could start scoring regularly. Before that I would rank between the middle and bottom of the league in goals scored.

All I can say is: don't give up. I didn't start playing this game seriously until Fifa 13 and I picked up a lot of bad habits there. 14 has forced me to take more risks with passes and shots to create opportunities, and there was a lot of frustration before I started to understand how to break teams down and overwhelm the GK.

I'm only playing on Pro, but for a fairly new and casual Fifa player my scoring ability has seen huge improvements. Playing as Club Brugge (Belgium) I had my best game yet the other night, beating a league opponent 6-0. A couple weeks ago I would have done cartwheels for a 2-0 result.

In my past two seasons I've finished near the very top in scoring. I wish I had specific advice to give, but honestly all I did was keep playing until the offense side of the game began to click.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »