Home

FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

This is a discussion on FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #17
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
It should definitely be on next gen. What boggles the mind even more is that it's not on PC.

EA overthinks these things way to much. Just get the game out there on as many platforms as possible and stop making excuses. Piracy is a non-issue like Gabe Newell has shown. Just provide good products and good service.Get your game out there and get it on Steam. Stop with this Origin nonsense and stop with the excuses. Lets just start selling some games. This is called long term growth. These suits at EA are so entirely focused on short term profits they kill the brand.... Absolutely boggles the mind.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #18
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
Andre, your article hit it head on. While upsetting that it won't be on my PS4 it will be a day one purchase for me mainly because of the reasons you have listed. Presentation being at the forefront. The World Cup games always do a great job of making you feel like your not just playing a FIFA port. Can't wait, and anyone who isn't buying it because it's not being released next gen is doing themselves an injustice.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #19
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBuff24
No next gen so I pass on it...
I sadly second this.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #20
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
It should definitely be on next gen. What boggles the mind even more is that it's not on PC.

EA overthinks these things way to much. Just get the game out there on as many platforms as possible and stop making excuses. Piracy is a non-issue like Gabe Newell has shown. Just provide good products and good service.Get your game out there and get it on Steam. Stop with this Origin nonsense and stop with the excuses. Lets just start selling some games. This is called long term growth. These suits at EA are so entirely focused on short term profits they kill the brand.... Absolutely boggles the mind.
Agree with you regarding EA focusing too much on short-term profits. However, I still agree with their decision this time around for my aforementioned reasons, and that ultimately, they HAVE to make a profit, so in the short-term, they do need to worry about coin a little (especially with NBA Live's hilariously poor financial showing).

I understand that it's frustrating for you all that you played the superior PS4 or Xbox One version of FIFA 14 only to receive the news that in order to enjoy the video game World Cup, you have to downgrade once again.

However, I want you to step into the EA Sports "suits'" shoes for a second. You're faced with the reality that you can only release one version of the game -- the current-gen version that has 5 times the consumer base or the next-gen version, which would make that consumer base happy but piss off the vast majority of your target market. Keep in mind that NBA Live was a huge failure, so you have to make up some money. You would honestly tell me that you would choose to go with the next-gen version?

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't like your chances of staying in your position for too long...
Old 02-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #21
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Have you completely forgotten the drat DLC they released to coincide with the 2012 Euros? That alone is enough to give me pause. Besides, even if it is a solid release, it's still CG, and the CG version of the game pales in all areas when compared to NG, I couldn't go back if I wanted too lol. It hurts me to say this because I was so looking forward to it, but I pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #22
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Have you completely forgotten the drat DLC they released to coincide with the 2012 Euros? That alone is enough to give me pause. Besides, even if it is a solid release, it's still CG, and the CG version of the game pales in all areas when compared to NG, I couldn't go back if I wanted too lol. It hurts me to say this because I was so looking forward to it, but I pass.
Yeah, and I remember how poorly it was constructed/received, and chances are that they remember as well.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #23
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

EA makes a World Cup game every 4 years, so they had plenty of time to plan for it. That excuse is hogwash. And not having the money to do it is laughable, they make money hand over fist just from Ultimate Team alone.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #24
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

Like most, disappointed about no next-gen, but still going to pick it up for the PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »