Home

FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

This is a discussion on FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #25
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
Here's why EA Sports isn't releasing this for next-gen, so hopefully we can put all of this moaning and complaining to a rest:

Producing games costs money (and a lot of it) and time (and a lot of it). While it might seem like a lot of people already have an XB1 or a PS4, the truth is that the vast majority of people in the world do not have this system yet. As a result, facing a money and time constraint (as this is an additional game that EA Sports normally doesn't produce in a fiscal year), they weren't able to make a game for both next gen and current gen. Thus, they went with the masses and released this for the XB360 and PS3, making it available to the greatest number of people available.

There is the reason, so let's stop all of the whining about this not being released for next gen, because it makes perfect sense for EA Sports to do this (it's been a while since I've said that...) and very little sense to go only with the XB1/PS4 version. Then, we'd hear about 4 times the complaints about it not being on current-gen...
This game is only made once every four years...but they didn't have enough time to make it next-gen..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #26
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
Agree with you regarding EA focusing too much on short-term profits. However, I still agree with their decision this time around for my aforementioned reasons, and that ultimately, they HAVE to make a profit, so in the short-term, they do need to worry about coin a little (especially with NBA Live's hilariously poor financial showing).

I understand that it's frustrating for you all that you played the superior PS4 or Xbox One version of FIFA 14 only to receive the news that in order to enjoy the video game World Cup, you have to downgrade once again.

However, I want you to step into the EA Sports "suits'" shoes for a second. You're faced with the reality that you can only release one version of the game -- the current-gen version that has 5 times the consumer base or the next-gen version, which would make that consumer base happy but piss off the vast majority of your target market. Keep in mind that NBA Live was a huge failure, so you have to make up some money. You would honestly tell me that you would choose to go with the next-gen version?

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't like your chances of staying in your position for too long...
They lost a bundle on NBA Live that's true. But still doesn't explain the lack of a pc release. The game is designed on a pc and the platform has no technical limitations.

PS Origin is a horrible service, Steam is 10x better.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7
No NG. No Peace.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #28
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz719
I sadly second this.
I sadly third this

Go beavs though!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #29
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
I still can't get over why this wasn't released for next gen. The next gen systems come out and obviously its the future in terms of developing software for and they ignore it? Very weird business from EA.
Weird business? there is over 200 million ps3 & 360s out there, only around 6 million xbox ones and ps4, who cares....

Its not worth them to pay the money to make it, and if they had a finished product or something worthy of releasing im sure they would.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #30
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

the first year of a console release is always the worst, anyways.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
No next gen. No buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #32
Banned

Yeah I will be getting it for ps3. If it came out for PS4 I was going to buy a PS4 to play it on that since 2010 is still my favorite FIFA. But I can see their not being a user base to support making two futbol/soccer games in a year on next gen.

If they add every single national player to UT in next gen then at least people could play with any country (main reason I really like the WC games) but I don't see that happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »