Home

I Played Fifa 13 and Hated It. Will I Hate Fifa 14 too?

This is a discussion on I Played Fifa 13 and Hated It. Will I Hate Fifa 14 too? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
I Played Fifa 13 and Hated It. Will I Hate Fifa 14 too?

Thinking about picking Fifa 14 because I want to play as an MLS team. Like a lot of Americans I am not a hardcore soccer fan but with the build-up of this year's world cup I am getting more interested in the sport.

I used to own fifa 13 and sold it within a month because it just felt generic to me. I just didn't like how it play. My question is this year's version the same as last year's?

The "Deuce Oh Six"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Played Fifa 13 and Hated It. Will I Hate Fifa 14 too?

Fifa 14 does play different than 13 did. It's slower. Better. But if you hated 13 and only wanting 14 for the world cup, then wait til the world cup game comes out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Thinking about picking Fifa 14 because I want to play as an MLS team. Like a lot of Americans I am not a hardcore soccer fan but with the build-up of this year's world cup I am getting more interested in the sport.

I used to own fifa 13 and sold it within a month because it just felt generic to me. I just didn't like how it play. My question is this year's version the same as last year's?

The "Deuce Oh Six"
I think this year has some setback compared to 13 but overall still an improvement. I wouldn't buy it if you didn't like 13.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
I think this year has some setback compared to 13 but overall still an improvement. I wouldn't buy it if you didn't like 13.
Why do you say that? Which one is more realistic? If it is "arcadey" like Fifa 13 then I won't buy it.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:04 AM   #5
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Why do you say that? Which one is more realistic? If it is "arcadey" like Fifa 13 then I won't buy it.
More realism than 13

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

I didn't like 13 either and have been pleased with 14. FIFA isn't #1 in my game rotation usually, but I blasted through 2 season with Everton, so I would have to say I am enjoying it.

The way the ball moves in this one just looks better. Way more realistic there.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

I had not played Fifa for a while before picking up 14.

After playing the demo for both Fifa and PES in 13...i went with PES because it felt more like real soccer.

This year I picked up Fifa and have really enjoyed it. There are some issues but it plays a lot more like soccer then it used to.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
...I used to own fifa 13 and sold it within a month because it just felt generic to me...
Been playing FIFA 14 on the PS4, and it definitely suffers from feeling a bit generic. All teams pretty much play the same, which is peculiar considering each team has it's own unique set of Custom Tactics. Though I suppose if the Custom Tactics are merely a generic set of sliders with no real bearing on a team's style of play, then it's really not all that peculiar.

Thing is, there is at least some variety here and there, with the way the games play out. It's just games too often feel like carbon copies of each other because the tactics and strategies are rather shallow.

As it stands, I think it's a good solid game to play every now and then, just don't expect a rich and flavorful experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »