Home

Help Getting Back Into Sports Games.

This is a discussion on Help Getting Back Into Sports Games. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Help Getting Back Into Sports Games.

Didn't really know where to post this on OS.

I’m trying to find out why I get bored of sports games quickly. I don’t play any other types of games, I just can’t get into stuff like Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed or Final Fantasy. The only other game I play is GTA 5 and I haven’t played that in months!

I just get bored of games and I’m trying to figure out why. I spend a lot of money on them and then 3-4 months down the line, I don’t play them anymore.

It could be because I played the games every day but also I’m always winning, I never lose games (sports games). So FIFA 14 I go a season with maybe 5-8 losses and always win the cups. With Madden 25 I go through a season and win the super bowl each and every season and with NBA 2K14 (which I’m currently playing and not bored of yet) I’ve got the number 1 power ranking with 15-3 record.

With Madden I do enjoy a lot of the off season stuff, free agency, the draft (best part of CCM). But trying to play a full game is so boring! I tried to finish a game last night and I got to halftime and got so bored I couldn’t continue. I play with the Patriots.

With FIFA, I love developing youth academy players. I pretty much sold all of the current Man Utd team (my favourite team) and started fresh. The gameplay is good, I can’t fault that but going season after season, it eventually gets boring.

NBA 2K the best all round sports game I’ve ever played and I’ve been playing since 2K9. I love the game, stuff like the Jordan and LeBron career mode paths are cool. At the moment I’m in Association mode with the Celtics. Blew the team up, got the 3rd draft pick and a 5th. So I took Exum at 3 and then Randle at 5. Someone wanted to trade the 10th pick for (Bradley and Bass I think) so I took it and got Marcus Smart. I wanted to build my team around Sully and Olynyk. I still have Rondo too, not sure what I want to do with him yet. So I’m playing my first season and I’m at 15-3.

Those are the games I play. With GTA, that’s a different story, my PS3 got the YLOD and I lost my progress, I just couldn’t be bothered to start again.

So what is it that makes you guys keep playing games? Are there any suggestions you guys can give me to help me get back into some of those games? I tried house rules with Madden but, it’s really the gameplay which I get bored of quickly!

Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Help Getting Back Into Sports Games.

#1. Sliders for all of the above.

#2. Start tracking your dynasty/franchise/CM on OS' dynasty HQ section.
You will enjoy writing up articles or just showing people what's going on. It will hold you accountable to finish games and not reset them, on top of that - here on OS - readers will hold you accountable to whether or not your results are realistic.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

You know, I found that I used to be the same way. I had no difficulty winning in games, and I found it very frustrating. Whether it was NCAA, Madden or FIFA, I found that I would consistently win with very little difficulty.

Some time ago, I came up with the idea of playing on the hardest difficulty and putting some rules in place. These rules would ensure that I would stick to being as realistic as possible.

I pick a very weak club, one that will even struggle to compete in the lower leagues. Combined with the rules I have in place, I find that I have quite the challenge ahead of me.

I'll give you the rundown of how I play my FIFA manager modes. Current set of rules are as follows:
Length: 15 mins
Difficulty: Legendary
Budget: Moderate (75% returned from transfers)

Club: 1* team from League Two
Rule 1: Until I achieve promotion from my original league, as a manager I cannot spend more on a player than the club's current transfer record (£80,000!).
Rule 2: The % at which I can increase the club's wage each off-season reflects the number of points I attain the previous season. This includes those players signed to the youth squad.
ie: 70 points in 2013 and a starting budget of £22,500 = an increase of up to £15,575.
Rule 3: Once a promotion has been achieved, the maximum amount I am allowed to spend per transfer is increased by the same percentage of points attained. Or, the percentage of the highest transfer sum received.
ie: I achieve promotion in 2015 with 80 points and a max limit of £80,000 = £80,000 + £64,000. So, in 2016 my limit is £ 144,000 which increases every year.
Or £750,000 received for a player, I can spend 80% of that.

I know those rules might sound stupid to some, but it really does a good job limiting your spending and keeping your team realistic.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

You should play MLB the show. I guarantee you won't have ridiculous win rates. You will be pulling your hair out of your skull one moment and the next jumping for joy.

Otherwise, I think you are just burn't out on video games. Try playing other games on different platforms that you probably normally wouldn't do. Try to limit your playtime on any one specific game. If it is madden, just play for an hour and then switch games up, watch tv, read or whatever else it is that you do.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
#2. Start tracking your dynasty/franchise/CM on OS' dynasty HQ section
Odd question, but how do the posting rules work here. As a new person, when is it that you can create your own posts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 04:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

I have a rotation with MLB 2k13, NBA 2k14, M25, NCAA 14, Fifa 14 and college hoops 2k6 lol.

I only play offline franchise and I find it keeps every game fresh. The grind of any season is so long you'll eventually get bored..but I find myself can't waiting to play the next game of any game. I take my time with everything and it feels like I'm a commissioner or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »