Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Impressions

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Impressions

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is now available for X360/PS3.
Post your impressions here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Impressions

My initial impressions:

+ Authentic, good presentation. The big screen TV with fans outside is cool. Cutscenes between gameplay are good too.
+ Road to the World Cup scenarios and challenges are very interesting. The amount of them is great too.
+ Teammate AI seems improved.
+ Cpu AI build up play felt better in the 4 games I played. Needs more testing though.
+ My first impression is that EA spent more time finally with each team's Tactics. I saw some attacking variety.
+ I've played 2 games on Be A Captain Mode and it was overall a good experience.
+ Gameplay was smooth overall without framerate drops (PS3).
+ I saw cpu backpass quite a lot and I was pleasantly surprised.

- Too fast even on Slow speed. I really can't understand why every year they keep messing with the speed. It's unacceptable.
- Still teammate AI is dumb here and there. You have the feeling that you must do several tasks simultaneously in defense.
- The ball clearances of the defenders under some pressure are again hilarious. Idk why EA doesn't fix this one. The trajectory of the ball in these clearances is beyond ridiculous..
Old 04-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's very good. Feels like you play FIFA 14 on PS4.

The kits and stuff are updated and look lovely , you also can help the players progress passing,pace,defending with the training before the matches and the guys talking about the groups and other things like their fantasy XI is very cool and unique. Also, the cutscenes with managers and people celebrating in their country,pub is very cool and fun.

I enjoyed winning the World Cup with Romania (obviously not gonna happen in real life ) but after playing a bit you realise that it gets repetitive and boring.
Football: Progresul Bucuresti, Arsenal, Newcastle United, Borussia Dortmund
Rugby: Leicester Tigers
Old 04-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny9731
It's very good. Feels like you play FIFA 14 on PS4.

The kits and stuff are updated and look lovely , you also can help the players progress passing,pace,defending with the training before the matches and the guys talking about the groups and other things like their fantasy XI is very cool and unique. Also, the cutscenes with managers and people celebrating in their country,pub is very cool and fun.

I enjoyed winning the World Cup with Romania (obviously not gonna happen in real life ) but after playing a bit you realise that it gets repetitive and boring.
Yeah, online should be fun for awhile at least. I actually really enjoy the World Cup games, partly because I'm a geography nerd who gets a kick out of taking a few random tiny nations to glory. But there is only so much you can do with a national team as opposed to the various cups (and league play) that you can participate in as a club in regular FIFA games. I usually win the World Cup two or three times and then play exhibitions or online just for fun...
Weekend Roady - http://www.weekendroady.com Sports and Travel. I'm a fan of the Nationals (MLB), Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Redskins (NFL), DC United/Montreal Impact (MLS), Crystal Palace (EPL) and too many college teams to count...
Old 04-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
Yeah, online should be fun for awhile at least. I actually really enjoy the World Cup games, partly because I'm a geography nerd who gets a kick out of taking a few random tiny nations to glory. But there is only so much you can do with a national team as opposed to the various cups (and league play) that you can participate in as a club in regular FIFA games. I usually win the World Cup two or three times and then play exhibitions or online just for fun...
Well, I don't have online with the game (I got it 2 days ago cause I have my xbox modded) and you know offline is really boring because you can only play Road To World Cup and Be A Captain.. I wish it had a mode like the one in Euro 2012 where you could play a nation and get one of their players, it really made the mode fun and I enjoyed it. Well , hope you have fun , if you want a challenge go straight for the worst team there is.. Turks and Caicos Islands .. yeah, they're that bad
Football: Progresul Bucuresti, Arsenal, Newcastle United, Borussia Dortmund
Rugby: Leicester Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »