Home

For Career Mode Players: Budget Question

This is a discussion on For Career Mode Players: Budget Question within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
For Career Mode Players: Budget Question

What do you guys think of the info that if you switch all of your prize money from the season over to wages before you end the season that you are able to keep that money and boost your budget for the next season, as it will add that money to the money that your board was already going to give you. What are you guys' thoughts on using that strategy? Do you think that it is an unfair way to get money? Personally, I'm on the fence but more leaning towards not changing the money and working solely with what I am awarded in season 2.

I'd be interested to know what you other dynasty folks think. Let me know!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 03:45 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For Career Mode Players: Budget Question

I think it's a workaround for what the game should do on its own.

It's pretty ridiculous that a team that won $25 million in prize money starts the season with a $1 million budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2014, 04:16 AM   #3
Rookie

I used it for the first time on my current save, personally I would decide based on the context of the save. For example, I exploited it because the squad lost eleven players (of whom only one or two weren't senior players) and had only arranged one Bosman deal, yet had something like a £6m / £60k budget to fill the squad. That's fine in, say, the Championship but it'll get you two, maybe three Premier League players. That would've dampened my enthusiasm and been more unrealistic than the alternative, in my opinion.

I'd also be astonished if Albion's actual budget is that small this summer. They've already signed Craig Gardner for one, who must be on somewhere around the £25-30k region. There goes half your wage budget on one player.

But really do whatever keeps it enjoyable. I like to play the game with a realistic edge to it but everybody is different. To go out on a limb and assume it's your West Ham save, if the budget is less than say £10m / 60k then I would feel okay about using the glitch. History suggests that when they're in the Premier they'll spend that much and usually more.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
What do you guys think of the info that if you switch all of your prize money from the season over to wages before you end the season that you are able to keep that money and boost your budget for the next season, as it will add that money to the money that your board was already going to give you. What are you guys' thoughts on using that strategy? Do you think that it is an unfair way to get money? Personally, I'm on the fence but more leaning towards not changing the money and working solely with what I am awarded in season 2.

I'd be interested to know what you other dynasty folks think. Let me know!

I don't think it's cheating at all. The AI doesn't nearly give you enough budget in a new season based off your achievements that season so I think it is perfectly fine. This is of course only my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex86
I used it for the first time on my current save, personally I would decide based on the context of the save. For example, I exploited it because the squad lost eleven players (of whom only one or two weren't senior players) and had only arranged one Bosman deal, yet had something like a £6m / £60k budget to fill the squad. That's fine in, say, the Championship but it'll get you two, maybe three Premier League players. That would've dampened my enthusiasm and been more unrealistic than the alternative, in my opinion.

I'd also be astonished if Albion's actual budget is that small this summer. They've already signed Craig Gardner for one, who must be on somewhere around the £25-30k region. There goes half your wage budget on one player.

But really do whatever keeps it enjoyable. I like to play the game with a realistic edge to it but everybody is different. To go out on a limb and assume it's your West Ham save, if the budget is less than say £10m / 60k then I would feel okay about using the glitch. History suggests that when they're in the Premier they'll spend that much and usually more.
Agreed completely. I think clearly based on what teams do IRL (seeing West Ham bring in Carroll and Downing plus other in a window) shows that these clubs have money to spend so want to keep those numbers realistic. I did sim forward without saving just to see what the unadjusted would be which is £12m / 60k, which is all well and good. However, the issue I have with this is that you start out with no youth scouts, which is very unrealistic to real life where teams already have tons of scouts in place. I think I may use the adjusted for the sole fact of getting just a bit more budget to allow myself to buy a strong scout to add a stronger youth component to the team. Then I will hopefully be back down around that original 12m budget and can work from there.

Everyone, thanks for the replies!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Agreed completely. I think clearly based on what teams do IRL (seeing West Ham bring in Carroll and Downing plus other in a window) shows that these clubs have money to spend so want to keep those numbers realistic. I did sim forward without saving just to see what the unadjusted would be which is £12m / 60k, which is all well and good. However, the issue I have with this is that you start out with no youth scouts, which is very unrealistic to real life where teams already have tons of scouts in place. I think I may use the adjusted for the sole fact of getting just a bit more budget to allow myself to buy a strong scout to add a stronger youth component to the team. Then I will hopefully be back down around that original 12m budget and can work from there.

Everyone, thanks for the replies!
Also if it ends up being too high for what you think would be realistic, you can impose your own self restrictions on it. Such as, only use x amount of the total they gave you. So say they gave you 24m, you can decide to use only 18 and just pretend that the rest isn't there.

It's a bit hard to have that tempting you there at all times though.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
Rookie

I believe that it is totally fine.... in my current Bayern career, I started with 46 mil euros I think. Now in season 3, I have 300 mil euros and 1.6 mil/week wages. Although since I am Bayern Munich, I have no problem accepting that money. It keeps it realistic too imo. Most top level players (88+ overall) tend to go for 60 million or more. Bayern can buy anyone they want, so why not have the funds in the game. Not to mention I have to keep up all the players' salaries. Everyone wants an addition (saw Gotze go from 210k to 325k in one request, of course he got it) and you can't explain to the game how Bayern's IRL wage structure works.

I also think its fine to accept the money because players tend to be overpriced by the CPU. No way in hell that Neymar is rated at 100 mil after an average season and an "okay" form. Just impose those self restrictions if it starts getting too out of hand.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #8
Just started!

good,They've already signed Craig Gardner for one, who must be on somewhere around the £25-30k region.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »