Home

FIFA 13 - Does your team grow with you?

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Does your team grow with you? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

mwdowns's Arena

OVR: 0
FIFA 13 - Does your team grow with you?

Hey folks!

Question for you: does your team grow along with you in Career Mode?

Let me explain. I play single player career mode, only controlling my player. I've started out at Yeovil Town and like the team. I'd like to stay with the team and help them move up from nPower 1 to the Champions League and then up to the Premier League. Halfway through the first season I'm already level 77, which is 10 higher than the next best player on my team. The team has a lot of young players as well. Will they improve along the way? Will the manager of the team bring in other higher level players? As the team does better will there be more money for the manager to get players?

Or does the game work in such a way that you have to transfer to the better clubs to play with better players and 2nd tier teams will always remain 2nd tier teams?

EDIT: Also, how high does that little +n number go next to your player rating go? Right now I'm 77 +11. Does that mean I'm playing as an 88 level player?

Last edited by mwdowns; 05-24-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: FIFA 13 - Does your team grow with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdowns
Hey folks!

Question for you: does your team grow along with you in Career Mode?

Let me explain. I play single player career mode, only controlling my player. I've started out at Yeovil Town and like the team. I'd like to stay with the team and help them move up from nPower 1 to the Champions League and then up to the Premier League. Halfway through the first season I'm already level 77, which is 10 higher than the next best player on my team. The team has a lot of young players as well. Will they improve along the way? Will the manager of the team bring in other higher level players? As the team does better will there be more money for the manager to get players?

Or does the game work in such a way that you have to transfer to the better clubs to play with better players and 2nd tier teams will always remain 2nd tier teams?

EDIT: Also, how high does that little +n number go next to your player rating go? Right now I'm 77 +11. Does that mean I'm playing as an 88 level player?
MWDowns, here's my understanding:
You can carry the team as far as you can, but many of the players on the team unfortunately have low ceilings at Yeovil. You will continue to outgrow your teammates there.

As far as the edit question, that number you see is the amount you have grown in a year. +11. Meaning you went from a 66 to start, up to a 77 in one year.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #3
Rookie

mwdowns's Arena

Thanks for the reply! I will outgrow my teammates, but will the manager have more money the better we do to get more talent from transfers?

Or should I just bite the bullet and move to another team during one of the transfer windows?

Hmmm.

One other question, once you get to a certain level, are you only gonna be approached by the ManUs, Milans, Real Madrids of the game? Seems my only offers are coming from the big name clubs.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:15 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I will outgrow my teammates, but will the manager have more money the better we do to get more talent from transfers?

Or should I just bite the bullet and move to another team during one of the transfer windows?

Hmmm.

One other question, once you get to a certain level, are you only gonna be approached by the ManUs, Milans, Real Madrids of the game? Seems my only offers are coming from the big name clubs.

It's unpredictable really. You can carry your team on your shoulders and bring them big money through championships, but there's no way to tell if the manager will actually put that money to some use. He's gonna spend it alight, but he might not spend it RIGHT.

Yea only big teams will want you after a certain level. The game assumes that's what you want. You can keep rejecting offers and different teams will start contacting you eventually leading to lower than 5 stars teams.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #5
Rookie

mwdowns's Arena

Yeah, I led my team to promotion to the Champions league and the manager didn't really go after anyone special and ended up getting some level 60 twenty-four year old striker. I guess that's better than the two aged, level-60 (with minus stats) strikers, but my one good striker a level 69 22 year old could use some help.

Really wish I could player-manager this game. I am awful at controlling the whole team, so the manager mode is out for me sadly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2014, 05:21 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I led my team to promotion to the Champions league and the manager didn't really go after anyone special and ended up getting some level 60 twenty-four year old striker. I guess that's better than the two aged, level-60 (with minus stats) strikers, but my one good striker a level 69 22 year old could use some help.

Really wish I could player-manager this game. I am awful at controlling the whole team, so the manager mode is out for me sadly.

You'll get used to it. Just start at a low difficulty and work your way up. I played Legendary in FIFA 13 and I struggled really bad when I first got 14. It got to the point where I had to go down to professional to at least get ONE shot on goal. Now I'm up to world class dominating possession. Just keep playing friendlies until you get used to the game and start a manager career!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »