Home

FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

Is the game slightly better than Fifa 2014 or is it mostly only a few small not that significant changes? I am just concerned about the game being mostly and squad update with few small insignificant gameplay changes when compared to Fifa 14.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalos316
Is the game slightly better than Fifa 2014 or is it mostly only a few small not that significant changes? I am just concerned about the game being mostly and squad update with few small insignificant gameplay changes when compared to Fifa 14.
To me it's certain worth it. The graphics are slightly but noticeably better. To me it's the smoothness of the animations and the improved AI. I haven't even started a career mode yet and I would already give it a solid 8/10

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Old 09-24-2014, 04:41 AM   #11
Rookie

Fifa 15 is a piece of **** on Xbox 360. Here are my issues:

- It's too easy to attack, even in Legendary level: you only have to hold the sprint button and the CPU's defenders just stand and gazing as my player run next to them. Also, in this situations, they try sliding tackle, but everytime they fail.

- Sliders won't respond: I'm talking about the positioning now. Wether I set the Line Height/Length/Width to 100 or 0, the results are the sam - there is too much space int the midfield and the back (so it's too easy to attack, again)

- Tactics won't react as well: I played with 'Park The Bus' andd 'Ultra Attack' also, but nothing seemed.

- There is a lot of downgrade for last gen: I understand that it can't be the ssame with the next gen version, but a lot of animation and etc. missing from the last gen version. It's not the biggest problem, just it doesn't seem fair.

- Title update fixes nothing: TU1 is released yesterday, but it just useless. The problems I've mentioned still remains.

All in all, I think 14 was way more useable as the gameplay (minus the amount of headers) was simply better and harder. 15 is very irrealistic and you can not change anything about this (sliders won't respond, etc...) I play in Legendary, 10-15 min, slow, full manual and I feel it's very easy.

For example: I played with Man. United against City and the result was 6-1 for me with 10 min halves. I had 22 shots and 15 on target, while they had 2 and 1 on target.

I don't seen any solutions untill a proper title update won't come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalera
Fifa 15 is a piece of **** on Xbox 360. Here are my issues:

- It's too easy to attack, even in Legendary level: you only have to hold the sprint button and the CPU's defenders just stand and gazing as my player run next to them. Also, in this situations, they try sliding tackle, but everytime they fail.

- Sliders won't respond: I'm talking about the positioning now. Wether I set the Line Height/Length/Width to 100 or 0, the results are the sam - there is too much space int the midfield and the back (so it's too easy to attack, again)

- Tactics won't react as well: I played with 'Park The Bus' andd 'Ultra Attack' also, but nothing seemed.

- There is a lot of downgrade for last gen: I understand that it can't be the ssame with the next gen version, but a lot of animation and etc. missing from the last gen version. It's not the biggest problem, just it doesn't seem fair.

- Title update fixes nothing: TU1 is released yesterday, but it just useless. The problems I've mentioned still remains.

All in all, I think 14 was way more useable as the gameplay (minus the amount of headers) was simply better and harder. 15 is very irrealistic and you can not change anything about this (sliders won't respond, etc...) I play in Legendary, 10-15 min, slow, full manual and I feel it's very easy.

For example: I played with Man. United against City and the result was 6-1 for me with 10 min halves. I had 22 shots and 15 on target, while they had 2 and 1 on target.

I don't seen any solutions untill a proper title update won't come out.
Can't speak for the 360, but I doubt it's that different than the PS3. I've only ran into the easier to attack problem, but thats resulted in more shots, not more goals. Also haven't tried adjusting sliders yet

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Old 09-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #13
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

Previously had Fifa 13 just bought Fifa 15 and feels so different. Early thoughts.

- The AI are much more aggressive making the action more exciting and because of it there are a lot more cards given out by the ref.
- The ball physics are much more improved as you can definitely feel the weight of the ball now at your feet.
- The momentum of the players generally have a more realistic feel.
- Little to no lag on the menus, which was really annoying in Fifa 13.

Dislikes:
- I hate the new player subs menu, why change it to make it worse?
-Sometimes players get a little carried away with momentum and take themselves out of the play for no reason.
- Starting out on beginner for ultimate team is a snooze fest, but I guess you have to go through it to complete the challenges.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:07 AM   #14
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

Oh yeah forgot to mention it froze the first time I tried to play a game of the week on ultimate team and so I had to restart the console and check for any corrupt data. So seems like they are still working out the kinks. Just a heads up.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #15
Rookie

MAINEiac4434's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KUte
Oh yeah forgot to mention it froze the first time I tried to play a game of the week on ultimate team and so I had to restart the console and check for any corrupt data. So seems like they are still working out the kinks. Just a heads up.
I've yet to experience a game from EA Sports that hasn't frozen (and nearly made me **** my pants in the process) at some point, so can't say I'm surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

I've enjoyed the game immensely thus far, the graphics are noticeably improved, the new presentation is great and gameplay has definitely been tightened up. Just wish NYCFC and Orlando City were in it, but I understand considering the real-world NYCFC and Orlando only have like six players under contract at the moment I guess it's understandable that they're not. Also the player search in career mode is glitched as all hell, but just search by team and you'll find the player you're looking for.

I'd say 15 is a definite upgrade over 14. 15 makes 14 look like a pre-alpha build.
NBA: Celtics
Soccer: Manchester United and Celtic
Rugby: Munster, Saracens and Melbourne Rebels.

Last edited by MAINEiac4434; 09-25-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #16
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINEiac4434
Also the player search in career mode is glitched as all hell, but just search by team and you'll find the player you're looking for.
How so on the glitch? I haven't used it yet, so just curious.

Overall I think the game is a nice upgrade from last year. The gameplay is tougher for sure, graphics are better, and the stadiums are nice. I like playing with the less known teams. The seats are hardly full. I am hoping that as the team gets better I fill out my 15,000 seat stadium.

Last night, I was actually outshot by my opponent. That hardly ever happened in 14. Also, it was pretty tough to get a good shot off as well. I am playing with a League 2 team, Plymouth Argyle, but even so, I felt like I needed to work a little better to get a good shot. Won my first match in league play 1-0; but lost the second in the Capital One Cup 3-1 to Reading, who I beleive is in the League 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »