Home

FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #41
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 15 Impressions (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106
You can turn handballs on in game settings. I always have it off though. In the past there were way too many and it made the game (even more) unrealistic.
They are on, been on since I got the game. There are no handballs in this years game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #42
Pro

mockme's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been playing for two months now, and every few days or so I'm torn between actually trading this in for PES 15 or just sticking with FIFA.

The game is entertaining, and while there are many good points like presentation, improved graphics, ball physics etc., the defending just drives me crazy. My CPU teammates are pretty much useless when it comes to actually closing down and performing tackles. I feel like it's all on the shoulders of the player that I'm controlling and the rest just stand there and take up space. The CPU attackers also seem to have a sixth sense that tells them when to turn or pass, which makes closing down on them kind of pointless. But if I wait for them to come close and then go for the tackle, they most likely change their direction instantly and just walk through my defensive line. Too often there are instances where you feel powerless to stop the CPU, and too often you can see them coming from a mile away.

Attacking is a bit better, if I give the CPU time to organise I actually need to have some kind of build up-play in order to break through their defensive line, but if I get the ball to one of my faster players either straight from kick off or on the counter, it's way too easy to just run past their full back and cut inside, leaving the defenders behind and get a one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

This year's edition - like all the others before it I think - has the problem of lacking team individuality. There doesn't seem to be any kind of difference between the playing styles of my opponents. Each game does bring something different to the table from the last match, but it's not due to team tactics. Top teams are generally more difficult opponents, but at times the challenge level feels random.

I've played a few games of the PES 15 demo, but not enough to make up my mind. Most likely I'll stick with FIFA. I'm a Career Mode player, and FIFA's CM has much, much more depth than PES' Master League. But if the gameplay proves to be leaps and bounds better, and a better simulation of actual football, then I just might change my mind.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #43

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, feels like the game really is relying heavily on presentation above all else this year. The scoring/attacking is out of hand, on both the CPU and User sides. 14 felt a lot tighter, with more realistic (and exciting) low-scoring matches. Gameplay feels very repetitive. I'm hoping PES offers more variety.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #44
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, feels like the game really is relying heavily on presentation above all else this year. The scoring/attacking is out of hand, on both the CPU and User sides. 14 felt a lot tighter, with more realistic (and exciting) low-scoring matches. Gameplay feels very repetitive. I'm hoping PES offers more variety.
Because if they don't make it fast pace and high scoring then the casual gamer won't buy the game. If EA made this game to play exactly like real life soccer, the casual gamer would be upset that one its too hard and two its boring. Its like the nba live series and how the casual gamer wants to score 150 points and have their star player average 40ppg a game.
I do wish there was more variety when it comes to teams, but if you play in the bpl every team is basically the same. Mostly all teams run that 4-2-3-1 formation and never change their tactics depending on their personnel, stack up on strikers and all play like messi by ping ponging the ball around.
EA feels they need to cater to the casual gamer to make the most money even though fifa is the most selling sports title in the world and most of the users overseas who are over the age of 14 know the game of soccer and want to play it how its played in reality.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #45
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0

for what it is worth...
I am a loyal FIFA player and can honestly say that the past few years have seriously disapointed me. That said FIFA 15 on the old gen is the best FIFA to date. Never have I played a game so much with so little disappointment.
Quite simply and honestly FIFA 15 is the best sports game I have ever played. Only wish it had commentary on par with NBA2K games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 03:58 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello,

In my opinion, the game isint that bad, as most people who have next gen tryed to show. All those videos in youtube doesnt represent how FIFA 15 ps3 does look on your tv for real. The result is better, afcorse not as next gen, but you can enjoy it. Last FIFA that I had, was FIFA 12, so I decided to buy my last FIFA for my old ps3, since I doubt any big changes will be produced in the future, so why spend all these money. I had many pleasant surprises, since, obviously, I haven played FIFA 13, 14, so many things were new to me. And I mean I would be totally ok with all the menus, presentations, career mode and so on, but there is one little thing... Cant seem to find a proper slider set. If you dont edit them, the game is hardly playable, probably the majority of players tweak theyr sliders and only few play with original settings. I have writen all of my experience with sliders/gameplay in the old gen Jamie`s sliders thread, so dont want to repeat myself. I just hope that this game isint already writen down and there are some sliders that properly work. Any shared settings/tips or something would be nice. I was even thinking about selling the game, but yet, I think there should be a solution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »