Home

FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2022, 10:45 AM   #801
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp: 10/27/22 | 7:43 AM CST --

Hi everyone, this set update is pretty much a move towards finalizing the set as a whole. We've explored a lot of values throughout the versions, and we've been much more focused on achieving a good feel in gameplay, while experiencing a good form of competitive play based on which variation of the set you want to play.

The main area we wanted to nail down was the Slow vs Default/Normal pace options relative to Sprint and Acceleration. As can be seen in the graphic below, we have the thresholds of Sprint for Default at 5 and Sprint 20 for Slow. Without going into too much detail, the goal of these values is to combat both the CB Jockey (shown in Q&A below) and Defensive Line Integrity (video pending) issues when playing on lower Sprint values.

With Sprint sorted, it was next about revisiting the values for Acceleration. I personally felt that the animation speed increased significantly with 51/52 of Version 6, to the point I was wanting a bit more of a calmer (yet more "sluggish" as some would describe, while I call it "heavier") feel with lowering acceleration below 50. An "old reliable" is 48 acceleration in feel, but of course when we go below 50 acceleration, the stamina gauge does not cooperate and stamina is much more conserved than it would be at 50+; typical FIFA and pick your poison. Anyway, the 51/51 from Slow pace of Version 5 was brought back into play and applied to both Slow and Default pace. There are of course the modification for Harder sets to have an acceleration discrepancy that will create that extra challenge if needed. Keep in mind, you could easily lower the acceleration to 50/51, 49/50, etc - or even bump it 2 pts discrepancy if needed. The set is a base after all, please adjust to what you'd like.

For the first time in the sets we've introduced a pass speed discrepancy to calm things down a bit in the CPU's attack, while still maintaining the ball physics and play variety that continue to make the gameplay enjoyable. Lowering the CPU's pass speed helps to reduce the effect of their driven pass speed, and also when they cross the ball will be less driven and out of control.

The last bit of modifications were focused on the pass error for Legendary to help some teams be able to cross into (when they actually choose to) the box versus right at the keeper at times. In addition, it should reduce the tendency to produce the poor pass animation where the ball only moves a couple feet away. After that, we've reduced the run frequency to compensate for increase in runs due to FB positioning raised from previous version. Finally, we reduced shot speed throughout to help with some shot animation and smoothness that was wanted compared to just powerful strikes that couldn't be followed on screen at times.

Overall, the sets keep getting better, and Version 7 is the closest to where we feel the values are at their best relative to the slider set overall. Thanks everyone for input over the last couple of days, keep them coming - remember this is a collaboration and not a service! Enjoy.

--------

--------
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2022, 11:13 AM   #802
Rookie

OVR: 0

running freq at 10, and I can never counter attack.

right now, not liking the new set.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #803
Rookie

Serchenko9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelsouza

Did you stablish it in your tactics? Your players won't run to make a counter so much if you don't set it..
Old 10-27-2022, 11:32 AM   #804
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Then change the run frequency or check your tactics.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #805
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serchenko9
Did you stablish it in your tactics? Your players won't run to make a counter so much if you don't set it..

I play with fast transition & balance (forward runs on Attacking)

and I got no counter attacks because the other players move waaaaaay slower than the ball carrier, who isn't sprinting.
and while this happens, the AI runs back to defend in an absurd pace.

they counter like crazy, and my team just can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2022, 12:56 PM   #806
Rookie

Serchenko9's Arena

Quote:
I play with fast transition & balance (forward runs on Attacking)

and I got no counter attacks because the other players move waaaaaay slower than the ball carrier, who isn't sprinting.
and while this happens, the AI runs back to defend in an absurd pace.

they counter like crazy, and my team just can't.
Ok, then try going back to 20 and tell us if it fixes it..
Old 10-27-2022, 02:37 PM   #807
Rookie

Also use the command to make them run L1 if i remember right...
Old 10-27-2022, 03:37 PM   #808
Rookie

Loving the feel of version 7. playing on the harder world class, 10 min default pace I have noticed a slight increase in glitches though. for example players heading the ball and floating or goalies sliding across the field. overall doesn't really effect the gameplay much but just something I initially noticed.I never saw these things pop up on the previous versions or when using slow-pace. like I said version 7 plays nice so far!

Last edited by jellies_97; 10-27-2022 at 03:40 PM. Reason: more info

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »