Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2024, 09:39 AM   #2345
Rookie

OVR: 0
Title Update 15.1 Gameplay Changes

After evaluating the summer update (Title Update 15) last Thursday and Friday, I discovered that both the core gameplay and Manager Career mode had become more disjointed and broken than at any point this year, at least when playing on Ultimate difficulty default pace, which is the only configuration I employ. On Friday night, I uninstalled the game with the intention of waiting out the release of EA College Football 25, scheduled in five weeks from now, until yesterday morning, when I noticed that Title Update 15.1 was available. In the Pitch Note description was the singular classic ambiguous statement: "addresses instances of a stability issue that could have occurred". From experience over the past four years, I have learned those are the key-words for significant 'hidden' gameplay change additions. Upon reinstalling the game yesterday and conducting three separate career mode saves (top, middle, and bottom table clubs), I can state with near certainty that the gameplay has dramatically improved to a level of tolerability. The changes implemented are not minor additions or corrections, i.e. new second touch skill move in Title Update 15, but significant modifications to all aspects of Manager Career mode gameplay at the higher difficulty levels. While attempting to not be overly enthusiastic and proffer a conservative synopsis of actual changes witnessed since yesterday, the following are my observations for anyone who has yet to play the game after the new update.

Universal gameplay speed: Before this update, I was utilizing sprint slider adjustments at between zero and four, and the gameplay was still overly paced for ten minute half matches. Now, using a sprint setting of two for default paced configurations, the game plays more naturally, and mimics various slow paced action. However, when using sprint values above six or eight, the slower paced gameplay feel quickly begins to fade for default paced matches.

CPU aggression, pressure tactics, and fouling: Previously after Title Update 14 and 15 with referee strictness set to 'default' or 'lenient', the CPU would continually be assessed two or more yellow card bookings every match, and one red every match. At the default setting yesterday, the CPU generated only one yellow card per match, and no red bookings after ten matches. Later today I plan to increase the referee settings back to the Title Update 12 level of 'strict'. On a side note, after a total of sixteen matches played yesterday, every free kick awarded to either the user of CPU occurred beyond the direct kick range (38 yards or closer to the opposing goal), and no penalty kicks.

CPU wing play and tiki-taka possession alongside the penalty box: Finally after seventeen or eighteen Title Updates the CPU wing play has been mitigated to a normal level, even for clubs still employing the antiquated 4-3-3 formation. In a match against Manchester United, wing play only accounted for approximately forty percent of CPU attack sequences, where before yesterday in all matches, nearly eighty percent was witnessed. Matches against clubs using wingless formations (4-2-3-1 with three CAMs), only twenty to twenty-five percent of the time was pervasive wing play. Also, the ridiculous stringing together of twenty to thirty passes alongside the penalty box has been severely limited.

Formation sheet player instructions: Fullbacks with player instructions for 'stay back while attacking' is now somewhat operating correctly, unless an obvious rare scenario exists to sprint down the sideline unmarked. While attacking, the fullbacks can be seen standing in a formational line with the central backs, until the point where the ball is controlled and passed by the user club inside the penalty box. Additionally, players with instructions for 'free roam' now take up better positioning in the attacking third, randomize runs and movement along the box, and show awareness for CPU defender positioning.

General user AI controlled player actions, responses, and awareness: Greatly increased to levels I have never seen in any year of the game series. Attacking user AI controlled forwards, CAMs, and attacking wings (LW and RW) no longer simply stand around the penalty box waiting for passes leaving the entire midfield devoid of interaction. User wing players finally execute realistic buildup, box edge passes, possession tactics, and wait for clear openings before shooting. Before the update, user AI controlled attackers would execute the same redundant action alongside the penalty box, become frustrated when marked with the ball and blatantly pass into a wall of defenders, or perform an ill advised cross to a player covered by three or more defenders.

Lastly, the three most significant gameplay changes that I have personally been expecting for years:

CPU defensive tactics and movements: What has been described by many as 'crab walk' strafe defending by the CPU in every match, has been virtually eliminated from the game (eighty percent or more). CPU players pressing in the user defensive third or alongside their penalty box no longer constantly execute this irritating sequence. CPU players take up a position to cut passing lanes, or charge in a natural motion, only displaying the former animations briefly as to maintain balance while strafing sideways.

CPU invisible forcefield, strong possession, and user fullback and winger defensive gameplay: For the most part, the CPU attacker forcefield has been either removed from the game, or mitigated to a bare minimal level, even for Ultimate difficulty. CPU attackers are subject to turning over the ball or stopped by user AI controlled players alongside the entire length of the pitch in situations, even when the user does not employ the contain button or switch to the closest defender. In addition, the CPU player ability to 'bear hug', and grab and hold the jersey of user players for long distances has been reduced or removed; rarely occurring for a short period over two or three yards, and for a maximum of eight or ten times per match.

Contain and teamate contain button actions: When user AI controlled players are within two yards of CPU player with the ball, the contain or teamate contain button finally acts accordingly; closing down the CPU player completely, and winning the ball more than forty percent of the time. The contain button also has a dramatic effect on high press offensive aggression by the user club, often taking away the ball from CPU defenders in the corners or inside the penalty box as never before. As mentioned in the last statement, since the CPU forcefield has been removed, the contain button is now three times more effective, and if pressed while a pass is between CPU players, can cause user players to intercept more passes, or be on top of receivers as soon as the ball arrives. Because of the time constraints with the contain button, user players further than two or three yards away from the ball will still not completely close out the CPU player, and require a second contain press engagement.

Currently, I as experimenting with slider adjustments in all categories, however, have not come up with a comprehensive list at this point. Just wanted to update everyone who has not played the game since yesterday morning, and has been feed up with the game recently, to perhaps give the series one more chance. We all know that at various times the developers at EA have made significant gameplay changes in an update, then destroyed everything in the next. The next Title Update is scheduled for release in the next two and a half weeks, therefore, maybe enjoy the game as best as possible for now.

I apologize for the long post, recently seems to be a lull with activity in this forum, wanted to re-energize the community with positive feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2024, 01:19 PM   #2346
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
I'm hearing the Euro update has introduced some bad gameplay elements on Legendary difficulty
Can’t say I have noticed this myself. However, my game is currently doing the really annoying thing where the gameplay randomly feels completely different one day compared to the next. In fact, games on kick-off feel completely normal, whereas my CM games are back to the erratic feel, weird ball physics/player movement, etc. It’s genuinely like playing a different game from one mode to the other.

Also, has anyone noticed a sudden increase in injuries? I’ve been using the 85/25 freq/sev for ages now. Had 2 injuries (3 month broken toe (lol) and 7 month ACL) in the first 4-5 in-game months of my save. Suddenly in the past like 5 games I’ve had another 3 broken toes and 3 bruised shoulder injuries. Feels like they’ve increase the default frequency of them.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:14 PM   #2347
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by g98smith
Can’t say I have noticed this myself. However, my game is currently doing the really annoying thing where the gameplay randomly feels completely different one day compared to the next. In fact, games on kick-off feel completely normal, whereas my CM games are back to the erratic feel, weird ball physics/player movement, etc. It’s genuinely like playing a different game from one mode to the other.

Also, has anyone noticed a sudden increase in injuries? I’ve been using the 85/25 freq/sev for ages now. Had 2 injuries (3 month broken toe (lol) and 7 month ACL) in the first 4-5 in-game months of my save. Suddenly in the past like 5 games I’ve had another 3 broken toes and 3 bruised shoulder injuries. Feels like they’ve increase the default frequency of them.
Not sure if it's the update but my god, I was winning 2-0 as Barca vs Real Madrid on Legendary at half time and the game ended at 6-5 Real Madrid winning. Ridiculous turnaround for them in the 2nd half. They won every 50/50 ball, easily pushed my players around, seemed to know where every ball was going and always got the bounce of the ball in their favor. I know they say there isn't but there has to be some type of comeback AI on Legendary. I just don't know if I can play this game anymore.
Old 06-12-2024, 06:34 PM   #2348
Pro

I have switched to a gameplay mod (PC). I don't think I will be returning to vanilla Fifa with sliders anymore guys. Mods for me are the way forward, if you have a PC of course.
Old 06-15-2024, 02:42 PM   #2349
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

Yeah, they’ve definitely ****ed the injuries.

Mid-season in my CM, had 2 players out injured for 3 months with broken toes and another one that had just returned from a broken toe. Started a game (still using 85/25 Freq/Sev) and within 20 mins I had 2 players go down with what were almost certainly broken toes.

I decided to restart the game, mainly as I wanted to try lowering the freq to 80, but also because the gameplay in my CM feels really weird atm (compared to KO matches which play completely normal) and I’ve seen others on here say sometimes restarting games fixes it - it didn’t, anyway.

Replayed the full game and in the last 10 mins, another 2 players down injured (freq now on 80). Lo and behold, I finish the game and they were both broken toes. That’s now 4 players out with the same injury concurrently.

I know the broken toe issue has been in the game since launch, but they have 100% done something to increase the injury frequency. I might go back down to 50 and see what happens tbh as 80+ is far too high now.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:50 AM   #2350
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
I have switched to a gameplay mod (PC). I don't think I will be returning to vanilla Fifa with sliders anymore guys. Mods for me are the way forward, if you have a PC of course.
Quoting myself here. Guys, if you own a PC, absolutely try Anth's gameplay mod. It is absolutely incredible. I'm not lying when I say it has made this game the best football game I have ever played. It's astonishing what this guy has done, EA should hire him. Every aspect of the game is better, and with the latest version the players look to have as close to proper foot planting as you can get on this engine. I have seen animations I have never seen, any questions and I would be happy to answer, probably best for PM's though as I'm aware this is Matt's thread!
Old 06-19-2024, 04:55 AM   #2351
Rookie

Is there a way to make the game a little harder or easier using the sliders?
My problem is that World Class with player-based difficulty is too easy for me and Legend is too hard.
Unfortunately, I can't get a realistic season this way. Which sliders should I turn?
First touch, shoot error, pass or pace?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2024, 11:48 AM   #2352
MVP

The game feels borderline unplayable again at the moment.

Build up play is fine but the attacking variety from the CPU has completely disappeared so they pretty much only have one method of attack. They dribble and/or work the ball to the vertical edge of the 6 yard box as if they're programmed to head for that exact spot on the field no matter what.

No crossing, no long shots, no though balls. Just work it to the edge of the 6 yard box and either shoot or pull it back.

Is everyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »