Home

Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

This is a discussion on Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

Although I had hoped(prayed actually) that current gen sliders would do the trick for Next Gen, this just isn't the case. So....
we're back to square one. Beginning tomorrow I'll start systematically breaking down each sliders in the hopes that doing it in a more uniformed way will get the process finished faster. Here's the preliminary plan:

#1) The first thing I plan to do is nail speed and acceleration down first. I will be trying different variations of of normal and slow, whichever works best will be the jumping off point.

#1A) Besides speed/acceleration, the line settings are absolutely the most important things to get right. Unfortunately we won't have Gonira's help here and he to me is brilliant at getting these settings right. We'll just have to do our best

#2) Pass Sped/Shot Speed, Pass Error/Shot Error. These four will be the second phase.

#3) Injuries/Keepers. The plan here is to use Gonira's injury settings, and to start default GK's, as game's pile up this will be monitored.

#4) Run Frequency/Marking. I can see already that 50 marking is vicious, even on WC, and with 5 players at once now able to contest headers I do feel lower marking options could be viable.

#5) First touch, leaning towards default here, we'll see.

FIFA 14 Next Gen Full Manual Sliders

Game Settings
Half Length: 15 Minutes
Difficulty: Legendary
Game Speed: Slow
Controls: Full Manual

Gameplay Sliders
Sprint: 48/48
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 54/53
Pass Error: 51/58
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 52/52
Injury Frequency: 73/71
Injury Severity: 40/40
GK Ability: 48/48
Marking: 50/50
Run Frequency: 48/48
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 52/52
Line Width: 55/55
Fullbacks: 52/52
First Touch Control: 50/50
Power Bar(Human): User Preference(I use 43)

Last edited by orion523; 08-19-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

envy envy envy envy envy. ea mother****a why not new engine on pc? grrrrr

orion, for line settings, i'll repeat my suggestion of comparing the game side to side with some real match with a pretty zommed out camera, so you can watch the entire action and the distances each line of players should cover.

this is the best video i've ever found for the job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EOgXAJUzNE

let cpu vs cpu playing with these same teams on broadcast camera with very little zoom and height and compare very carefully: height, lenght, width, marking and fullbacks. just try to emulate the real thing, it usually ends translating well to gameplay when i use this approach (i've used it in my old-gen set, same reference match).

good luck!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
envy envy envy envy envy. ea mother****a why not new engine on pc? grrrrr

orion, for line settings, i'll repeat my suggestion of comparing the game side to side with some real match with a pretty zommed out camera, so you can watch the entire action and the distances each line of players should cover.

this is the best video i've ever found for the job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EOgXAJUzNE

let cpu vs cpu playing with these same teams on broadcast camera with very little zoom and height and compare very carefully: height, lenght, width, marking and fullbacks. just try to emulate the real thing, it usually ends translating well to gameplay when i use this approach (i've used it in my old-gen set, same reference match).

good luck!
This is just what I needed, thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Next-Gen Fifa is just a beautiful experience. You really can't go back after trying it.

After popping in the disk, the first thing I did was dial in the sliders I was using for Old-Gen which was a combination of Orion's and Goniras. Overall, most of my tweaks have been setting sliders closer to default. It seems that this game is much closer to perfect out of the box. A few tweaks are needed here or there but this is the best football game ever created. And I have played just about every FIFA since 98 and Winning Eleven/PES.

A couple thoughts on sliders after playing a few games.

- The collision system is much improved. I have been getting many more fouls called. But also averaging a PK per game which is a little concerning. With old gen I had to up marking and first touch error to get any fouls. Now, I think default marking and first touch are perfect.

- With acceleration at 50 the fatigue system works as intended. However, I feel like 50 feels a bit to quick and unrealistic. Not sure what to do there.

- The goal keepers are much improved. So many more animations and they are not super human anymore. Old-Gen, I had keepers at 48 even 47 but on NG that setting has me scoring a lot of goals. Maybe default is the way to go here... I also have Shot Error at 54 for both. I don't like to go higher because then the CPU misses way too many sitters.

- It seems that the only space is wide. Also, it is too easy to bomb down the wings.

- There seems to be many more injuries. Lost two guys to broken ankles in one match. CPU still not getting as many injuries as me though.

- The human and CPU passing still needs to be nerfed. Both teams were averaging over 80% passing accuracy.

Will play some more and see if there is other stuff I notice... I cant wait to see your Sliders.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
- It seems that the only space is wide. Also, it is too easy to bomb down the wings.
increase line width
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

It's early, really early but the first thing I've noticed is width is very very narrow at default. As for 50 acceleration, that'll be tough to maintain but I will give it a shot. Thanks, keep the comments coming.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

After watching several CPU v CPU games in order to nail these sliders down, all I can say is wow. The CPU players are light years ahead of Current Gen, and not in a cheap/cheat way either, the game looks like a proper football match in every way. Knowing that this is just the first game in a probable 10 year cycle really has me excited for the future.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The Beta slider set is ready!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
Overall, most of my tweaks have been setting sliders closer to default. It seems that this game is much closer to perfect out of the box. A few tweaks are needed here or there but this is the best football game ever created. And I have played just about every FIFA since 98 and Winning Eleven/PES.

I have found the same thing. I posted this on Orion's thread, but since it's NG, I'll put it here as well in hopes it helps...

I have a theory that that pitch is larger (wider) in NG, then the way they built the game. As a result I feel like anything less than 55 is too narrow and it's easier to get down the sides (like it was in 13).

Some other NG slider ramblings that might help someone that actually knows what they are doing…:
I've also found gameplay to be a little faster than CG. It is still totally enjoyable, but I'm trying some slightly slower speeds (43/46) seems to be working well.
I've also found your OP line settings to work well and there does not seem to be a drop in CPU offense - 50/48/55/54. I had some thoughts about dropping height to 49 as Inter was lobbing balls over the top of me (Arsenal), but then I played Spurs and they never tried it, so could be Inter’s style.

One thing I found that I really like is playing with the CPU marking 1 click higher than mine. It makes balls in the air much more competitive and I’ve found it does not put me at a disadvantage in general gameplay. I like a tighter midfield game where it is a challenge to work the ball up field, so I’ve been testing upping marking a little. It’s probably not something everyone would like, but it adds a challenge that I like.

Sounds like everyone is noticing the width and my marking is probably agressive and should be closer to default. I do wonder what you think about having a 1 click difference in CPU marking?

Looking forward to seeing what Version #1 looks like!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »