Home

THE FERRET'S NEXT GEN LEGENDARY ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS

This is a discussion on THE FERRET'S NEXT GEN LEGENDARY ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2
THE FERRET'S NEXT GEN LEGENDARY ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS

First, let me give a shout out to Orion, whose sliders were the basis for my maniacal tinkering...guess not everything from Philly is bad!

These sliders are meant for semi/assisted players on Legendary, and should be adjusted for lower level play by increasing human shot error, CPU acceleration, and CPU marking. I have tried them from fully assisted to almost almost all manual, except shooting. I am posting this as of this point because I would like others to try them out and let me know how they're working for you.

The two sliders I remain slightly on the fence about are human shot error and and cpu acceleration. Statistically everything is playing out correctly based upon yearly BPL averages.

CPU acceleration is lower than Human to ensure just enough movement and space for human players to act. As is CPU marking. Human shot error is set at 53 because at 54 headers were not happening. Speed and Acceleration are higher than Orion's because if you aren't full manual the game can and should be played a little faster, plus stamina does decrease significantly faster if you sprint a lot.

Feel free to adjust to your needs, my goal is to have fun with the game, and these sliders allow for fun, the fantastic, but at the same time you can definitely lose games...I freely admit as I get better I may adjust the sliders to my game...these are simply a base to begin with that will lead to realistic stats and results.

So without further ado, here are the sliders:

Legendary (***Updated 1/24/2014***)

15 minute halves

Speed: Slow

This is meant for simulation, if you prefer an arcade feel by all means play 10 minute halves or less, but I strongly suggest keeping game speed at slow if you do. I did test early on at 10 minutes, and it played too arcadey for me to feel it was a simulation type game.

Gameplay Sliders (Human/CPU)

Sprint Speed: 50/50
Acceleration: 50/49
Shot Error: 52/54
Pass Error: 50/65
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 52/52
Injury Frequency: 60/75
Injury Severity: 45/45
GK Ability: 49/47
Marking: 49/49
Run Frequency: 51/51
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 51/51
Line Width: 55/55
Fullback Positioning: 54/54
Powerbar-User: 50
First Touch Control: 50/50

If you use them, please let me know what you're experiencing...greater feedback may lead me to adjust to the 2-3 sliders I'm on the fence about still.

Have fun, I know I am!

Last edited by drunkenferret; 01-25-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: THE FERRET'S NEXT GEN LEGENDARY ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS

Just put these in and will let ya know how they go man.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Just played two matches with Chelsea against Newcastle (Team I built for speed attacking)...won the official match 2-1, had 28 shots to their 14, but I also had 9 corners which most likely added a minimum of 10 shots to my shot count with all the pinballing going on. They had 22 tackles to my 4. Team played like I wanted it to when I put it together, so I'm impressed with the Next Gen AI even more! They played me tough in both matches. Second match I played, at 1-1 all tied, I gave up a penalty, and once they converted, it was like a switch was flipped...I got trounced 4-1...so play a few games with these sliders to get a good feel...I've put in 15 so far with these specific ones, but I like to have twenty to say yes for sure to them, but after the trouncing, I feel real good about saying anything is possible in these games, and winning is nowhere near a sure thing. I'll get the official match up on my website tomorrow some time.

Next match I play AC Milan for my third away match in a row...Winning should advance me into the elimination stage of the Champions League. Should be another good test match as Champions competition is always tough.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice, been looking for a next gen slider set which isn't based on full manual controls, I play assisted with crossing on semi, and im looking for fun but also want the game to be realistic too, i dont want to win every game, so these look great, good job.

Can i ask though, what gameplay speed can these be used on, and what half length did you use them on, I play 6 min halves, would these be suitable for these settings?

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwood24
Nice, been looking for a next gen slider set which isn't based on full manual controls, I play assisted with crossing on semi, and im looking for fun but also want the game to be realistic too, i dont want to win every game, so these look great, good job.

Can i ask though, what gameplay speed can these be used on, and what half length did you use them on, I play 6 min halves, would these be suitable for these settings?

Thanks.
Sorry, I'll fix that...game speed I play on is slow...and I play 15 minute halves....tried 10, but the faster you play the more arcadey back and forth the game gets...fee free to try them at six minutes, haven't tried that fast...if you do make sure you play on slow, unless you prefer the arcade feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
Sorry, I'll fix that...game speed I play on is slow...and I play 15 minute halves....tried 10, but the faster you play the more arcadey back and forth the game gets...fee free to try them at six minutes, haven't tried that fast...if you do make sure you play on slow, unless you prefer the arcade feel.
Thanks for the tips, i'll give them a go using 6 min halves and on slow speed and if I need to adjust any sliders to suit the lower time I will.

I will post back here when I have had a chance to test them out.

I do prefer the arcade feel i guess, I just want the games i play to feel realistic, which I know sounds silly given that i play 6 min halves and on assisted, but surely this can be possible. I also don't want it to be too easy so that i win every game.

Its just finding that balance for me, and your sliders look like a great starting point because they are suited for assisted / semi controls.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the tips, i'll give them a go using 6 min halves and on slow speed and if I need to adjust any sliders to suit the lower time I will.

I do prefer the arcade feel i guess, I just want the games i play to feel realistic, which I know sounds silly given that i play 6 min halves and on assisted, but surely this can be possible. I also don't want it to be too easy so that i win every game.

Its just finding that balance for me, and your sliders look like a great starting point because they are suited for assisted / semi controls.
You can get realistic with assisted/semi controls...after all it is about enjoyment, and like I said in testing I've gotten my butt handed to me. If too easy, just bump up CPU acceleration and/or CPU marking...and the game will be come immediately harder.

Have fun!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
mfp
Rookie

Quote:

I would suggest playing on Normal gamespeed if you're going to play with shorter half-lengths.

I would also suggest at least going with 8 min halves, which can work really well with assisted and Normal gamespeed. Seriously, in the long run those couple extra minutes don't matter much but they can really be beneficial to gameplay.

Also, if you go with 8 min halves, or less, you might need to lower CPU pass and shot error because they won't get as many opportunities. Actually, with a shorter half length you might need to lower your error to default.

From my experience though, sliders that work with 15 min halves on Slow, like those listed here, should work just as well with 10 min halves on Normal. It all depends on whether the pace is too quick for you tastes and ability level. They often will work okay with 8, but maybe with minor adjustments.

In fact, playing with assisted/semi controls, I personally prefer 10 min halves and Normal gamespeed, and if I need to adjust I just knock accel/sprint down another notch or two.

Last edited by mfp; 12-03-2013 at 03:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »